Called into Ministry?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
A question to pastors, preachers and deacons: How did you know God was directing you into full/part time ministry? Are there any here who did take the leap only to fall because it was human arrogance that inspired you and not the Lord?

About 20 years ago I belonged to a small church and felt led to men’s ministry. I was young in every aspect, as a Christian, husband and father. I don’t think I served the men well due to lack of experience and confidence. Now two decades later, although less “churchy”, my heart remains steadfast for leading men to be “Men of God”.

I haven’t been in a church setting consistently for a long time but feel strengthened from my time with God in the wilderness (figuratively). I feel like I’m nearing the walls of Jericho again. My only concern is my origin of confidence. Some men are wise in their own eyes, and others wise from Spiritual giftedness. I believe me to be the latter but doesn’t everyone?

So from others experience, I’m hoping to get some feedback from their successes and defeats. Thanks for all your advice.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
'God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
We don't change the message, the message changes us.
Make no mistake...a personal spiritual 'enlightenment' shall be without any doubt...whatsoever.
It has to be lived...and there shall be no sufficient explanation...those that know...no explantion
is necessary. Testimony of the heart, as the Holy Spirit guides and directs, is a joy to behold!....believe it."

'Praise God'...I came...I came to...I came to believe........God is."..:)

Attachments

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
A question to pastors, preachers and deacons: How did you know God was directing you into full/part time ministry? Are there any here who did take the leap only to fall because it was human arrogance that inspired you and not the Lord?

About 20 years ago I belonged to a small church and felt led to men’s ministry. I was young in every aspect, as a Christian, husband and father. I don’t think I served the men well due to lack of experience and confidence. Now two decades later, although less “churchy”, my heart remains steadfast for leading men to be “Men of God”.

I haven’t been in a church setting consistently for a long time but feel strengthened from my time with God in the wilderness (figuratively). I feel like I’m nearing the walls of Jericho again. My only concern is my origin of confidence. Some men are wise in their own eyes, and others wise from Spiritual giftedness. I believe me to be the latter but doesn’t everyone?

So from others experience, I’m hoping to get some feedback from their successes and defeats. Thanks for all your advice.
Good topic/thread.
---
If you have a calling, you will go through 'wilderness' experience.'
- It is time for renewal and restoration.
- Time for checking/affirming your gifts and calling
---
After you come out of wilderness - you get 'new assignment/task.'
- I went through 'wilderness experience' a few times.. during my journey.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Thanks for sharing!...Is it not true, often ones surrounding circumstances bring cause
of emotional reactions in a variety of ways. I agree the importance of being alone to reflect
on the depth of ones life...and a spiritual awareness becomes a cleansing of mind, body and soul.
Ones own interaction with God's Divine Spirit is to be commended for the strength and courage
to do so...and here much wisdom shall be acquired...many would do well with the gravity of
your experience......God bless you and those that are fortunate enough to seriously reflect precisely
on our life purpose, here in the now."....:)
'Praise God'

Attachments

Dec 12, 2013
You will know......and if God lays it on your heart and it is something you cannot shake it becomes more evident as he presses upon you what he wants you to do........God qualifies those whom he calls....and for sure, if he is calling you and you do not yield, it will lead to conviction and restlessness...........

Mar 28, 2016

Good subject matter.

Because God is no longer sending His word to confirm matters like a calling. It does not mean that He is not still sending us out as apostles "two by two" .

I think if a person has a desire to do the will of another (free will to a Christian) they should exercise it .Time will help to prove if it is of God or men .

Peter found out the hard way when he took a calling upon his own self, according to his fleshly spirit . It proved to be the things of men . He was forgiven of His blasphemy against the Son of man seen .Today he would not of been forgiven.

The idea of Peter standing in the Holy place of God (I will be like God .I will ascend to the clouds as the ruler of angels. A parable used to represent God's invisible presence. He fell into a ring of fire a bottomless pit..

It what Peter performed as a abomination of desecration did not please God.

We then exercise it as if it was from a human point of view when moved by the Spirit of Christ (not in or towards ), But that lives in our earthen bodies of death our new spirit as a source of God's view, . The light of faith

Peter assumed it was of us as the wrong manner of spirit spoken of in Luke 9, and not the faith of Christ the correct manner. . God's not seen, view' point.

But Peter took him aside to remonstrate with him. “Heaven forbid, sir,” he said. “This is not going to happen to you!” Jesus turned on Peter and said, “Get away from me, you Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are thinking merely from a human point of view, and not from God’s.”Mathew 16:21-22

If he has begun the good work of faith he will finish that labor of His love in us, to the end. He must increase we must decrease. Not diminish . let his light shine give glory to His Holy place..

Jachob

Nov 2, 2015
You should be confident because if God has called you into a ministry he will enable you to perform in that ministry. Brother, do not be discouraged by the past. I love what brother Bingo posted there "God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called". Amen to that.

If you have a desire to work in a ministry pour your heart into it. If you fail, that's ok. If God opens a door for you to serve, and you sincerely want to do so, then God will use it.

Your labor is not in vain brother.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

God is watching your passionate attempts to serve. He is with you in your desire to do good for your brothers and sisters. Also, remember that God will never forget your work.

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.

We also know that the Holy Spirit himself gives us gifts. He also gives us the desire to serve and work for him.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Hungry, brother...dive into the ministry with everything you have. God is with you. If he has called you to such a place at such a time, he will use it according to Romans 8:28.....regardless of how it pans out.

That being said, if God does end up drawing you to something else, all the better. Either way, he is with you.

Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 16:9
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

Nov 26, 2012
You will know......and if God lays it on your heart and it is something you cannot shake it becomes more evident as he presses upon you what he wants you to do........God qualifies those whom he calls....and for sure, if he is calling you and you do not yield, it will lead to conviction and restlessness...........
The first time was like that.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"I thank each one for their thoughts and may our brotherly love be pure of heart.
I believe the Holy Spirit is moving in lives, but we must always be aware of the many
'faces' of the 'adversary'...by an extraordinary spiritual 'enlightenment'...my life was
forever changed, some two decades ago...by the grace of God. This I know to be without doubt.
Many lives have crossed my path, and one thing of utmost importance is...I am in God's care...
and a life I counsel with... and from all walks of life...that life is in my hands, as God has led
me to do so...I have shared tears with lost and confused lives, I can only help by applying
my life experiences, in the hope of bringing a life up out of their anguish, confused and
distorted thinking...and it is often painful for me to witness, but also spiritual strength and
courage to know I am employed by a Higher Power...believe it. This is simply to be a reminder,
that a life is a precious gift of God, and should be handled accordingly...so long as the
Holy Spirit so directs us to do, here in the now."
'Praise God'...:)

Attachments