Called to Serve Regardless of the Challanges

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 20, 2013
(Lamentations 3:55-57)

But I called on your name, Lord,
from deep within the pit.
You heard me when I cried, “Listen to my pleading!
Hear my cry for help!”
Yes, you came when I called;
you told me, “Do not fear.”

The book of Lamentations was written by the prophet Jeremiah who is also known as "The weeping Prophet", it was written about 586 and 585 years before Jesus was born. When God called him he was young and God said to him; "I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah's reply was that he was just a youth, but that did not stop his commission,
God also said to him; " They will fight you, but they will fail.
For I am with you, and I will take care of you.
I, the Lord, have spoken"
And it was so that they did fight against him, his own people hated him, he was thrown in a well where the water had dried up and he was sinking in the mud, he was locked up, he had to face opposition from the King, and opposition from false prophets who prophesied peace to a people who refused to repent.
God still stood by Jeremiah, when he was confused, Persecuted, and Rejected by his own people because he preached the undiluted word of God to a backsliding people.
We are called to do no less, so it is that we must stand for Christ in a world where Holy Living is Despised by so many Regardless of the Challenges we face.