Can a person be born without a soul?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It seems two days ago there was a controversial topics forum and I think that's where this topic should belong, nonetheless here goes.

Since creation, people have ghastly, gruesome, things without reason or remorse. Could it be be that they simply don't have a soul?
What do you think? I sure don't know It's now an open question....... calibob

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Reading in Revelation we find the saints awaiting the Great and Glorious Day of the Lord. They are under the altar, and they ask the Father simply "How long?"

The reply declares there is a certain number of souls yet to be saved, and that number must be acheived before the end of this age may come.

If there is a finite number, it stands to reason those who believe God will dwindle in number towards that time of the Last Trump.

All the above, for me, points to the strong reality that in the last times many folks will be demons incarnate or worse. Is this controversial enough?

Dec 12, 2013
God breathed into Adam the breath of "lives" which is plural in Hebrew.....and man became a LIVING SOUL

My view....no one is born without a soul, but it does say the wicked go astray from the womb.....and evil men and seducers will was worse and worse.....No different than Cain....lost men will do horrific things and even saved men sin and do things that are deemed horrific...<--David killing Uriah and having Uriah carry the message to the battle zone which would result in his early and untimely demise.......

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
It seems two days ago there was a controversial topics forum and I think that's where this topic should belong, nonetheless here goes.

Since creation, people have ghastly, gruesome, things without reason or remorse. Could it be be that they simply don't have a soul?
Soul is not something you have, soul is something you are, its your "I".

Racionality, inteligence, morality, self-control or body (including brain) can be damaged or less developed.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
God breathed into Adam the breath of "lives" which is plural in Hebrew.....and man became a LIVING SOUL

My view....no one is born without a soul, but it does say the wicked go astray from the womb.....and evil men and seducers will was worse and worse.....No different than Cain....lost men will do horrific things and even saved men sin and do things that are deemed horrific...<--David killing Uriah and having Uriah carry the message to the battle zone which would result in his early and untimely demise.......
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering more along the lines of Vlad the Impailer, Caligula, Stalin and my lifetime Manson. I should feel sorry for these monsters but I don't. I don't feel sorry for Lucifer either. I only wondered why they act almost beyond demonic.
That's all for now... calibob

M

Miri

Personally I think we are body soul and spirit,

Body is the good looking image on the left!

Soul is who you are, your personality etc it’s what makes you you.

Spirit is that part which needs to be awakened and is born again.
It’s the brand new part of you when you are born again. We become new
creations. It’s the part that got cut off from God when sin entered the world.
Your spirit is the part of you that hungers and thirsts for God.

Psalm 42:6-7 NKJV
[6] O my God, my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember
You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From
the Hill Mizar. [7] Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.

The body definately isn’t born again, it continues to decay and grow old.
Some day we will get new incorruptible bodies, resurrection bodies.

Your soul your mind doesn’t change overnight, we are continually called to
renew it. That’s where sanctification comes into play.

Romans 12:1-2 NKJV
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you
present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which
is your reasonable service. [2] And do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove
what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015

No, they cannot be born without a soul. Genesis 2:7
However, mental health sciences and with the help of brain scans, PET scans & MRI's, have proven a person can be born without a conscience.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Soul is not something you have, soul is something you are, its your "I".

Racionality, inteligence, morality, self-control or body (including brain) can be damaged or less developed.

Very good answer.

------

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The short answer is NO, however, people can sear their conscience as we witness in the horrible acts people do toward one another without feeling a thing, such as any remorse for their actions.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
There is a lot of confusion about what constitutes a persons soul. The first time it is used for a human is in Gen. 2:7 where god breathed into man and he became a living soul. The Hebrew word for that is nephesh which is the same as creature used for animals in Gen. 1.

Some people insist we are made of three parts: body - soul - spirit. Maybe, maybe not. We don't really need to concern ourselves to much. Sometimes in the Greek New Testament the soul is addressed as the pneumah, the same as the spirit. Or, if you prefer, the other spirit. I am not sure, but I do know that scripture tells us the soul is mortal. Those that insist the soul and even the spirit of man is immortal are missing the point. We are all mortal. Aside from God's promise to some of us, we stay that way.

A

AuntieAnt

I have met more than a few people in my lifetime who I've witnessed "change" from normal, rational people to completely demonic. I was petrified of them, yet God still protected me and they ultimately fled, or the Holy Spirit came down upon me and I was able to escape.

I've wondered since about the question of whether or not people can be born with no conscience. Judas Iscariot comes to mind. Barabbas the murderer, too and the lunatic in the mountains possessed by a legion of devils. And what of the seemingly soulless, barbaric men whose job it was to administer torturous scourging to the condemned?

Then I remember what God brought me out of. And the world in my flesh that He continues to steer me away from day by day, step by step.

All I know is what is impossible with men, is not with God. That is the honest to goodness truth. The Lord is faithful and sure. That’s all I need to know.

Jesus is faithful.jpg

M

Miri

The other thing to know is that in old English, soul was the word used for
a person. So for example if a ship was lost as sea, they would say the ship
had gone down with 20 souls on board.

I wonder how many times the bible translated soul in the wrong context.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have met more than a few people in my lifetime who I've witnessed "change" from normal, rational people to completely demonic. I was petrified of them, yet God still protected me and they ultimately fled, or the Holy Spirit came down upon me and I was able to escape.

I've wondered since about the question of whether or not people can be born with no conscience. Judas Iscariot comes to mind. Barabbas the murderer, too and the lunatic in the mountains possessed by a legion of devils. And what of the seemingly soulless, barbaric men whose job it was to administer torturous scourging to the condemned?

Then I remember what God brought me out of. And the world in my flesh that He continues to steer me away from day by day, step by step.

All I know is what is impossible with men, is not with God. That is the honest to goodness truth. The Lord is faithful and sure. That’s all I need to know.
Distinctives:

I think we want to keep "conscience" distinguished from "soul",
and while we're at it, we should look at the some other related distinctions.

1. Soul - common usage:
In common language we often use the word "soul" to mean something like "heartfelt" or "deeply feeling"... and thus "soulful" etc.

We might say a heartless or unfeeling person has no soul, and this is a fine use of the word for ordinary, common speech.

But this isn't what the word means when we use it theologically.

2. Soul - theological usage:
In theology, the soul really refers to the "self", that internal part of you, that part of you that is the real you, the spiritual you, which will continue on forever ... somewhere.

3. Keeping usage separated:
So if we look at the common usage of "soul" and the theological usage of "soul", it could all get confusing... but not if we just keep the two usages distinct.

4. Conscience:
The "conscience" is, biblically, our "moral perception", our ability to tell right from wrong. Sometimes we use it to mean our ability to CARE about right and wrong, or NOTICE right and wrong.

5. Conscience is not Soul:
Theologically, the conscience, our "moral perception", is NOT the soul, but it is a property OF the soul.

And as some have already stated, according to scripture this property, or ability, can become "seared"... it can become clouded, dull, and virtually cut off.

The conscience, our moral perception, can become so cold and dark, so buried under sin, that this "feeling" becomes "unfeeling", and so it becomes virtually useless.

6. Conscience and Consciousness:
Finally, we don't want to confuse the "conscience" with "consciousness"... since they sound similar, and they both have to do with the soul, they can be confused.

Consciousness is the ability to both be aware, and to be self aware, it is to have a MIND.
Some think consciousness IS essentially the soul, and some feel it's just a PROPERTY of the soul... but it is generally what we call the "mind."

The conscience, on the other hand, is just the property of the soul that deals with moral perception.

Sometimes it's good to make distinctions when we're talking about confusing terms that have different usages.

-------

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The other thing to know is that in old English, soul was the word used for
a person. So for example if a ship was lost as sea, they would say the ship
had gone down with 20 souls on board.

In my time we refer and referred to people as souls, and I am not of the age of OE..... how about them pickles!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Could it be be that they simply don't have a soul?
No. Every human being has a soul. But some open themselves up to Satanic and demonic possession, which means that the person commits evil deeds under the control of Satan. Which means that that soul has been taken captive.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not sure why you would make such a remark. When the word "soul" was found in the Hebrew or Greek it was simply translated where it was. It is only people who take things out of context and then misapply Scripture. The job of the translator is to translate.

A

AuntieAnt

Distinctives:

I think we want to keep "conscience" distinguished from "soul",
and while we're at it, we should look at the some other related distinctions.

1. Soul - common usage:
In common language we often use the word "soul" to mean something like "heartfelt" or "deeply feeling"... and thus "soulful" etc.

We might say a heartless or unfeeling person has no soul, and this is a fine use of the word for ordinary, common speech.

But this isn't what the word means when we use it theologically.

2. Soul - theological usage:
In theology, the soul really refers to the "self", that internal part of you, that part of you that is the real you, the spiritual you, which will continue on forever ... somewhere.

3. Keeping usage separated:
So if we look at the common usage of "soul" and the theological usage of "soul", it could all get confusing... but not if we just keep the two usages distinct.

4. Conscience:
The "conscience" is, biblically, our "moral perception", our ability to tell right from wrong. Sometimes we use it to mean our ability to CARE about right and wrong, or NOTICE right and wrong.

5. Conscience is not Soul:
Theologically, the conscience, our "moral perception", is NOT the soul, but it is a property OF the soul.

And as some have already stated, according to scripture this property, or ability, can become "seared"... it can become clouded, dull, and virtually cut off.

The conscience, our moral perception, can become so cold and dark, so buried under sin, that this "feeling" becomes "unfeeling", and so it becomes virtually useless.

6. Conscience and Consciousness:
Finally, we don't want to confuse the "conscience" with "consciousness"... since they sound similar, and they both have to do with the soul, they can be confused.

Consciousness is the ability to both be aware, and to be self aware, it is to have a MIND.
Some think consciousness IS essentially the soul, and some feel it's just a PROPERTY of the soul... but it is generally what we call the "mind."

The conscience, on the other hand, is just the property of the soul that deals with moral perception.

Sometimes it's good to make distinctions when we're talking about confusing terms that have different usages.

-------

I don't know about common language or theology, but I do know what is written in God's Word (Romans 13, for one) and other places about the soul. And everyone has one. Therefore everyone has a conscience, albeit some are clear, and others seared.

All that theology and language usage aside, nothing is impossible with God. If He can raise Lazarus from the dead, He can raise to life any man dead in sin.

May our Awesome God be glorified forever and ever! Praise His Holy Name!

Surrender to God.JPG

Dec 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering more along the lines of Vlad the Impailer, Caligula, Stalin and my lifetime Manson. I should feel sorry for these monsters but I don't. I don't feel sorry for Lucifer either. I only wondered why they act almost beyond demonic.
That's all for now... calibob
Well.....men are born with a divine spark called the conscience..as you well know it can be seared with a hot iron and calloused to the point of having no remorse or conviction of right or wrong......the opposite is true as well...finely tuned by the word and very sensative to what is morally and spiritually correct