Can a person wear a cap or hat while praying?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crazy4GODword

Shalom, I understand back in Corinthians paul talks about covering our heads when praying or prophesying. Is that spiritual meaning or physical? Or is it a physical observance or command with a heavenly meaning? And can a person wear a skull cap or hat on their heads when they worship or pray?

Thnx in Christ

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Men are to pray and worship with their heads uncovered.

C

Crazy4GODword

But is that spiritual or physical or a physical command with a heavenly meaning cuz the priest back then wore a turban like hat during worship and service. And aren't we all now priests under the high priest Jesus Christ?

T

Tintin

It doesn't matter, as long as you're honest with God when you talk to him.

C

Crazy4GODword

It doesn't matter if i wear one even when I pray, what about that verse tho?

Feb 17, 2013
I pray when I'm driving. I pray while I'm working. I even pray while I'm in the bathroom. I pray all the time. Cap or not . Clothes or not (shower). we can pray anytime and anywhere.

H

Helpful

There is a wonderful book which I believe will answer all your questions about how to deport yourself in prayer. It is called "The Encyclopedia of Jewish Life and Thought". You can get it at the store of carta-jerusalem.com. By the way there is lots of other material also available at this website, which I'm sure will prove helpful. Good luck!

P

phil-uk

I pray when I'm driving. I pray while I'm working. I even pray while I'm in the bathroom. I pray all the time. Cap or not . Clothes or not (shower). we can pray anytime and anywhere.
Exactly what I think

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Shalom, I understand back in Corinthians paul talks about covering our heads when praying or prophesying. Is that spiritual meaning or physical? Or is it a physical observance or command with a heavenly meaning? And can a person wear a skull cap or hat on their heads when they worship or pray?

Thnx in Christ
“The proper way for a man to pray,” said Deacon Lemuel Keyes,

“And the only proper attitude is down upon his knees.”

“No, I should say the way to pray,” said Rev. Doctor Wise,

“Is standing straight with outstretched arms and rapt and upturned eyes.”

“Oh, no; no, no,” said Elder Slow, “Such posture is too proud:

A man should pray with eyes fast closed and head contritely bowed.”

“It seems to me his hands should be austerely clasped in front.

With both thumbs pointing toward the ground,” said Rev. Doctor Blunt.

“Las’ year I fell in Hodgkin’s well head first,” said Cyrus Brown,

“With both my heels a-stickin’ up, my head a-pinting down;

“An’ I made a prayer right then an’ there– best prayer I ever said,

The prayingest prayer I ever prayed, a-standing on my head.”

T

Therapon

Thnx in Christ
According to 1Corinthians 11:1-6, men should pray with heads uncovered and women should pray with heads covered, an ordinance that was observed by the whole Church, regardless of denomination, until after WW2. And it is a physical covering, not an allegorical one. I wrote a book about church ordinances back in 1993, titled "Demons in the Church." It was primarily about that one ordinance. Though now out of print, I believe the book is still available as a free download from ellisskolfield.com

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So a construction worker is required to wear a hard hat,does that mean he can't pray while working.I don't think so.

J

jonrambo

i dont pray on the toilet. thats about the only restriction i put on myself lol