CAN AN UNTESTED VACCINE BE SAFE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
The federal government will pay the drugmaker Novavax $1.6 billion to develop a successful vaccine and produce 100 million doses by early 2021. It’s a big bet on a company that has never brought a product to market.
THIS IS FOR A VACCINE THAT DOES NOT EXIST AT THE MOMENT,IT WILL BE UNTESTED........HOW CAN THIS BE SAFE?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The federal government will pay the drugmaker Novavax $1.6 billion to develop a successful vaccine and produce 100 million doses by early 2021. It’s a big bet on a company that has never brought a product to market.
THIS IS FOR A VACCINE THAT DOES NOT EXIST AT THE MOMENT,IT WILL BE UNTESTED........HOW CAN THIS BE SAFE?
Since when has vaccination had anything to do with safety?

T

TheIndianGirl

Vaccines are tested on animals and then through clinical trials through voluntary participants who generally get compensation. Unfortunately, pharmaceutical companies test vaccines on the vulnerable populations including the poor in Africa and these people are not made aware of all the side effects.

After the clinical trials, vaccinations are generally safe. Of course a small minority will have adverse side effects.

For those who are against vaccinations, do you think vaccines should be required for U.S. immigration? Would you get vaccines/certain medications when going to certain countries?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
No vaccine is 100% safe. I can PERSONALLY attest to that as I was almost killed by an allergic reaction to one some, if not a lot, people here have been given.......

Being injected with a vaccine is a crap shoot...............chances are you will never have a reaction, but if you do, then it is important to know that allergic reactions to most vaccines are not treatable. A person can not be cured of the allergic reactions effects/damage.

Best advice: BEFORE being vaccinated, BE SURE to make the Medical Personnel give you the printed material containing the Warnings for that vaccine.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I won't be an early adopter. We will wait to see any/if any side effects on thosd who rush to it first.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Best advice: BEFORE being vaccinated, BE SURE to make the Medical Personnel give you the printed material containing the Warnings for that vaccine.
Fully agree. If they cannot provide this information then get a second opinion.

Even if it were something like 1/1,000,000 chance for an adverse reaction to a vaccine
vs a 1/100,000 chance for an adverse reaction to the problem the vaccine is to mitigate still

I don't have the actual data on vaccines and it is difficult to find outside pouring through tons of case studies (which is rather dull) but I still think most people would take a vaccine just based off a doctors advice as it being "safe" when that isn't entirely accurate. "More safe" would be honest (presuming real data aligns) but still not 100% safe and THAT needs to be communicated.

When I say "more safe" that is just based off the condition mitigation itself which would lead one to believe it is more safe. Unfortunately there are many other factors unrelated to the condition to consider. Every vaccine is different with regard to efficacy and safety. The data should be readily accessible, if not, exercise wisdom.

Much like abortion practitioners not giving full information. I'm not speaking to that issue, but it bears some similarities as far as transparency in certain instances.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well no drugs, vaccines etc are really safe.
when people test cosmetics and beauty on animals, they arent really safe either. What they do is make sure half the animals DIE by giving them huge doses, and then its somehow safe to be used on humans.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
The flu shot has been a thing for years. People have died just from the side effects of that.
My concern is if this particular vaccine in an effort to supposedly combat Covid-19 becomes a mandate. Like for instance masks are now. Shops here have signs, even Uber's. No mask no service. Imagine a vaccine stipulation like that. No vaccine no service. The mask signs show there is a lot of fear behind this current flu outbreak. Would fear lessen if there was a vaccine? Or would it increase when thinking about who hasn't had the shot?
There's a thing now. Mask shaming.
I can't believe it but it's out there. If someone isn't wearing a mask they draw lots of the wrong kind of attention in public.

T

TheIndianGirl

If private businesses including big supermarkets, salons, other venues, etc. require masks they should be allowed to do so. Fights should not break out at stores because they require masks. Mask shaming is a natural human reaction if people fear for their lives. Emotions are high. If you walk in NYC without a mask and cough esp a shady area you might get beaten up. Mask mandate by the government will not work in the U.S. due to cultural differences.