Can anyone help me identify this song/tune?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Isn't there an 'English' equivalent to this song/tune?

If so - what is it?

O

Oblio

I don't think this is a Christian song. If it's what I believe it is, it's called, "Jet Boy/Jet Girl" and is a vulgar song. Just so you know.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I don't think this is a Christian song. If it's what I believe it is, it's called, "Jet Boy/Jet Girl" and is a vulgar song. Just so you know.
It just seems like I have heard that tune with English words before. Perhaps it is a faint memory from long ago. I am mainly just curious to solve the puzzle:

~ When and where did I hear it?

~ What song is it?

- that type of thing...

Thanks for the information.

O

Oblio

The song I was talking about came out in the '70s by a band named, "The Damned." One is copying the other...I don't know which is which. The original I heard way back when was in French, which I don't speak.

O

Oblio

It is also done in English.

O

Oblio

It was a punk band, so who knows where they got it from.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Weird...

I looked up the song lyrics and listened to a video titled with 'original' on YT.

None of it is really that familiar.

I was never into punk - but, I guess I may have heard the song back in the 70s when I was growing up.

I wonder if there is a different song with similar "parts" of that tune in it...?

I don't know - but, when I happened across that video (in the OP) - in a language I don't know --- but, the tune somehow seemed familiar.

If there is another different similar-sounding tune - I would sure like to know what it is...

But - I sure wont loose any sleep over it. ;)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I guess I should apologize for posting it. I did not think it was a Christian song - but, I had no idea it was like that...

o_O :eek: :oops: sorry

It was just "bugging me" to remember...

O

Oblio

Don't worry about it. The things I used to listen to...SMH!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
@GaryA
The music sounds familiar because it seems Very, Very inspired by "At The Hop" (Danny and the Juniors, 1958). A popular song in its own right.

This version is a cover of "Ca Plane Pour Moi" by artist Plastic Bertrand.

As to how you heard it my guess would be the same place I knew it from. National Lampoons European Vacation. The scene where they visit the museums, it's the song for the montage.
But doubtless has been in other movies as well.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Kinda reminds me of the Beach Boys "I get around."

Well, the ooh, ooh, ooh part anyhow.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Umm...after reading the rest of the posts here and looking it up it is apparent I was completely wrong on that one.

But seems I am right about my policy to never listen to music with lyrics I don't understand. o_O:eek::oops::sick:

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
@GaryA
The music sounds familiar because it seems Very, Very inspired by "At The Hop" (Danny and the Juniors, 1958). A popular song in its own right.

This version is a cover of "Ca Plane Pour Moi" by artist Plastic Bertrand.

As to how you heard it my guess would be the same place I knew it from. National Lampoons European Vacation. The scene where they visit the museums, it's the song for the montage.
But doubtless has been in other movies as well.
Yeah - I guess I heard it "way back in the day" (long long ago) - and, my recent hearing it jogged a memory...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Umm...after reading the rest of the posts here and looking it up it is apparent I was completely wrong on that one.

But seems I am right about my policy to never listen to music with lyrics I don't understand. o_O:eek::oops::sick:
Sorry to put you through that...

:)

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Sorry to put you through that...

:)
Hey Gary, no worries. It's not your fault. The tune does sound familiar. And like I said, I read the other posts before I looked it up on my own. So I shouldn't have been so nosy and just took your word for it in the posts you made afterward.

Anyways the tune did sound familiar so there has to be a different song in English that has that beat...because like you, I'm sure I've never heard or listened to anything with lyrics that is even close to the translation of that song.

Seriously though, no worries. I used to think "My Sweet Lord" was a Christian song until I posted it on here once and got slammed for it...:oops::oops:

I had no idea that he was saying.... krishna, krishna...I thought he was saying Christian, Christian. o_O:oops:

That's pretty much when I decided that if I can't understand the lyrics in a song, then I probably shouldn't listen to it. :)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
That's pretty much when I decided that if I can't understand the lyrics in a song, then I probably shouldn't listen to it. :)
I would say that is "good advice"... (y)

If it happens a lot, then more advice may need to be offered:

"Doncha think it's time to clean those ears out...?" :D

:giggle:

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I would say that is "good advice"... (y)

If it happens a lot, then more advice may need to be offered:

"Doncha think it's time to clean those ears out...?" :D

:giggle:
AND...

If that doesn't work then at the very least google it first for heaven sakes....lol:p