Can reading the Bible out loud help you grow more as a Christian then reading in your

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greatkraw

I think there is a difference in outloud and simply reading. One thing you can do which is one step more powerful than reading the word outloud is to sing it.
once an anglo catholis always an anglocatholic:)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
once an anglo catholis always an anglocatholic:)[/quote
How true! While I was praying for the people of Haiti today For unknown reason I began to sing my prayer out loud. I could feel themiraculous power of the Holy Spirit moving to the needs of the people there.
God bless, pickles

L

Live2Worship

Re: Can reading the Bible out loud help you grow more as a Christian then reading in

All that matters is what's in the heart! It doesn't matter if you read to yourself or out loud, if the heart's there and the desire's there then God will speak to you no matter how you read- the important thing though is to read, the rest is details.

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
Re: Can reading the Bible out loud help you grow more as a Christian then reading in

It is interesting that in the account of Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch (Acts 8:26-39), that the eunuch was reading aloud, which allowed Philip to hear what he was reading (Isaiah 53: 7,8). In ancient times, reading was almost always done out loud. In his Confessions, Augustine mentions that Ambrose of Milan read silently, as if this was something worthy of note, (Augustine, Confessions, VI, 3). This indicates that silent reading was the exception, in ancient times.

Jan 8, 2009

Some may say it doesn't matter but it really does have an effect, I guess it's like the difference between eating your food with a fork, a spoon, or sucking it through a straw. How you digest the Word can matter.

W

Wootie

I don't know, but if I were a mute-I would like to think my reading is as worthy as a verbal person.

L

lightbliss

To each his own I guess. Reading aloud, I always feel a sense of power and accomplishment. Though I do read in my head because I don't always have the best time pronouncing names of some people and places. Also, the only thing I got from my mom on Christmas was the NT on audio, which is totally okay because I asked for it (she'll buy be the OT sometime later). I got the one with Jim Caviezel;), The Word of Promise, is awesome and saves me brain dullness (happens after reading continually for about 40 minutes, maybe because I'm mildly dyslexic?)

G

greatkraw

Some may say it doesn't matter but it really does have an effect, I guess it's like the difference between eating your food with a fork, a spoon, or sucking it through a straw. How you digest the Word can matter.
true - I get more by hearing than reading

C

ClimbingUpward

Yes, words spoken verbally have greater power than words read in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.