Can secular rock songs be used for evangelism if one changes the lyrics?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Is there truly something inherently evil about rock and roll music? Some decades ago an impossibly uncool evangelist named Larson made his case that rock and roll is no place for Christians. Looking back, I'm a lot more prone to agree with Larson than disagee. Me, who saw X play with The Blasters and Horror Rocks last week.
i mean basically more than half of the hymnal is secular melodies with Christian lyrics, so...

Mar 16, 2022
Has anyone listened to a Christian group called the "Apologetix" ? Along the lines if Weird Al, they take modern and old rock and change the lyrics to match Bible verses or teachings. Just a thought.....

Mar 16, 2022
Michael W. Smith.....Have listened to him since high school......Blood Good, Petra, White Heart, now Crowder, The Rez Band...Amy Grant, Degarmo and Key, Messiah Prophet (Master of the Metal, only 1 album ever, but good Christian metal).

Magenta....please keep me in your prayers....not a healthy day for me....Thank you in advance....Shakey

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Michael W. Smith.....Have listened to him since high school......Blood Good, Petra, White Heart, now Crowder, The Rez Band...Amy Grant, Degarmo and Key, Messiah Prophet (Master of the Metal, only 1 album ever, but good Christian metal).

Magenta....please keep me in your prayers....not a healthy day for me....Thank you in advance....Shakey
I am sorry to hear that, Shakey, and I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers (y)

This song was playing as I read your reply. Jason Upton's music is beautiful, and I hope you find some peace and comfort in it...

Mar 16, 2022
I am sorry to hear that, Shakey, and I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers (y)

This song was playing as I read your reply. Jason Upton's music is beautiful, and I hope you find some peace and comfort in it...

Powerful! I will definitely look more of his music up.
I don't like falling down, get so mad at myself.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Powerful! I will definitely look more of his music up.
I don't like falling down, get so mad at myself.
The shame is not in falling down, but in not getting back up again (as they say...).

There are lessons learned on either side, though... right?

God's strength is perfected through our weaknesses.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will
boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

If I thought I could've done it on my own, I never would have asked for help.

And in seeking help, I received the direction and guidance that eventually
led to my understanding and acceptance of the fact that God is my help.

So you have made a very good start, and are simply in the scree. The mountaintop awaits :)