Can someone answer me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

missdjones11

There are some very difficult questions I have been struggling with and so far, no one has been able to help or answer me.

First, about forgiveness, I understand it is not freedom from punishment, but how can I possibly be forgiven if I will just go sin again and again? I mean yes, I have to ask forgiveness, but how can I ever be sincere if I know I will just mess up all over again? And if I are not sincere, then how can I truly be forgiven in the first place?

Second, aren't all of mankind's actions selfish? If so, how can I possibly serve God? No matter what good thing I do, I know that deep down I am doing it partially for me, not for anyone else, not even God. How can I overcome this sinful nature, it seems like there is no way around all of my flaws...

J

Jordache

Forgiveness is releasing the person (or yourself) from your punishment... Meaning you cease to punish the sinner. True repentance requires you to change your mind. It requires your intent to not go back to the sin. It doesn't mean "I'll be good until..., but otherwise I'll be good. ". It's not "ill be good when I don't have an excuse to sin". It means that you intend to fight temptation. You cannot get to this place without God's grace leading you there. You can pray that your heart be there and God will honor
that prayer. Oftentimes we just have to pray that God helps us become willing to be willing. That's always a good start. However until there is an intention to not go back to the sin under any circumstances, there cannot be repentance. This doesn't mean that you won't fall again. Making good choices is a learning process and Gods grace is sufficient in our insufficiency.

You cannot serve God on your own. It takes the active grace of God in our lives for us to choose to serve Him. We can willfully choose to serve, but in our own strength we can only do this so honestly and continuously. In your own strength there is no way around your flaws. But in Gods grace you are an overcomer. God can and will change your heart as you seek Him. David prays over and over for The Lord to examine and test his heart and motives, but he also chooses in his own will to honor God. Ask the Lord to examine your heart. Ask Him to purify your motives and He will. The longer and more steadfastly and fervently you seek the Lord, the more you will be like Him. Your heart will change. Your mind will be renewed. You will gain control over your own will. You will learn to submit your will to the Lord's own will for
your life.

B

brokenclay

:)Dear MissDJones. I know the frustration of fighting the flesh. Develop two habits. Talk to God because he is your Father. Ask him to teach you from the bible. You will grow stronger and fail less and less. Read the new testement. A Christian becomes mature by reason of use. Don't just pray for God to bring you Christian friends, be a witness to other woman your age and you will bare fruit for God. I will keep you in my prayers and in my heart. Think of me sometime in your prayers. God bless you with his peace,joy and wisdom.

A

A-miss-Saved-by-GRACE

Beloved

Forgiveness
It is not ""I have to ask"" a true repentant believer in CHRIST and follower of our LORD will have the desire and the want to ask for forgiveness when he/she sins and the true believer will hate sin that much that he/she will avoid and prohibit themselves from being around or infront of a situation that they know will cause them to stumble and sin.
If you really and truly love the LORD our GOD stop habitually committing the sin.

A particular Scripture came to mind when Jesus healed the paralytic HIS words exactly were ""Sin no more than nothing worse may happen to you"".
John chapter 5:1-17 ESV.

Salvation is not by works you cannot earn or score brownie points with GOD to get yourself into heaven. Faith alone in CHRIST JESUS and a truly repentant heart.

John chapter 3 ESV
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

you need to be in deep prayer to the LORD and asking HIM to give you a new heart and a desire for HIM and only HIM and you need to be pleading with HIM and everything you need to know about our LORD is in HIS HOLY WORD the bible which is of course GOD speaking HIMSELF. Not as a have to but as a want to. Do you really want CHRIST in your life????????

Hebrews 4 ESV
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Mark 1ESV
14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

2 Corithians 7 ESV
10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Praying for you and if you need any advice I am here for you And the LORD is here for you.

GOdbless

Grace and peace in CHRIST
Kylie

B

brokenclay

Forgiveness is releasing the person (or yourself) from your punishment... Meaning you cease to punish the sinner. True repentance requires you to change your mind. It requires your intent to not go back to the sin. It doesn't mean "I'll be good until..., but otherwise I'll be good. ". It's not "ill be good when I don't have an excuse to sin". It means that you intend to fight temptation. You cannot get to this place without God's grace leading you there. You can pray that your heart be there and God will honor
that prayer. Oftentimes we just have to pray that God helps us become willing to be willing. That's always a good start. However until there is an intention to not go back to the sin under any circumstances, there cannot be repentance. This doesn't mean that you won't fall again. Making good choices is a learning process and Gods grace is sufficient in our insufficiency.

You cannot serve God on your own. It takes the active grace of God in our lives for us to choose to serve Him. We can willfully choose to serve, but in our own strength we can only do this so honestly and continuously. In your own strength there is no way around your flaws. But in Gods grace you are an overcomer. God can and will change your heart as you seek Him. David prays over and over for The Lord to examine and test his heart and motives, but he also chooses in his own will to honor God. Ask the Lord to examine your heart. Ask Him to purify your motives and He will. The longer and more steadfastly and fervently you seek the Lord, the more you will be like Him. Your heart will change. Your mind will be renewed. You will gain control over your own will. You will learn to submit your will to the Lord's own will for
your life.
Exellant Admonishment :) sister.

B

brokenclay

Beloved

Forgiveness
It is not ""I have to ask"" a true repentant believer in CHRIST and follower of our LORD will have the desire and the want to ask for forgiveness when he/she sins and the true believer will hate sin that much that he/she will avoid and prohibit themselves from being around or infront of a situation that they know will cause them to stumble and sin.
If you really and truly love the LORD our GOD stop habitually committing the sin.

A particular Scripture came to mind when Jesus healed the paralytic HIS words exactly were ""Sin no more than nothing worse may happen to you"".
John chapter 5:1-17 ESV.

Salvation is not by works you cannot earn or score brownie points with GOD to get yourself into heaven. Faith alone in CHRIST JESUS and a truly repentant heart.

John chapter 3 ESV
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

you need to be in deep prayer to the LORD and asking HIM to give you a new heart and a desire for HIM and only HIM and you need to be pleading with HIM and everything you need to know about our LORD is in HIS HOLY WORD the bible which is of course GOD speaking HIMSELF. Not as a have to but as a want to. Do you really want CHRIST in your life????????

Hebrews 4 ESV
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Mark 1ESV
14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

2 Corithians 7 ESV
10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Praying for you and if you need any advice I am here for you And the LORD is here for you.

GOdbless

Grace and peace in CHRIST
Kylie
Exellant admonishment sister. :)