Can someone please help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amigodana

I have a question that is tearing me up 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.

Before I came to have a personal relationship with Jesus, I was doing some pretty bad things. I know that God can forgive us of all our sins. However, I had met this lady who I started dating and moved in with, But the problem is she was married. She got a divorce, but, I committed adultery, is it still that now that she is divorced?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Now you are in the Lord, right?Do the right thing,there is only one unforgiveable sin brother, not condoning adultryeither, but I would put the Lord first and move on in him,leave the past behind, move forward.
God bless you

B

Becky216

If you knew the whole time that she was married and going thru a divorce and through your selfish desires made a bad judgement and still was dating her, while she was married. Then it's evident that you have committed Adultery. But my questions to you is....Did you know about the Biblical Guide Lines for Not committing adultery before you did this? Also are you still dating this Women? Is she a Christian as well?

B

Becky216

If you knew the whole time that she was married and going thru a divorce and through your selfish desires made a bad judgement and still was dating her, while she was married. Then it's evident that you have committed Adultery. But my questions to you is....Did you know about the Biblical Guide Lines for Not committing adultery before you did this? Also are you still dating this Women? Is she a Christian as well?
A man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself. (Proverbs 6:32)

B

Becky216

You really need to ask yourself as Well....if God is so against Adultery.....Why would he put you in a position to commit Adultery? He wouldn't....only the devil will tempt you to do that....So being that we clear that up...That means the devil sent one of his girls into your life...If God did not Send that Women to you...it will not last....For what God puts to together let no man separate....

Mark 10:9 (NIV) ~
What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Though she has now been divorced....does not mean she is the Lady that the Lord wants you with. Our poor judgement can lead us down to some unessarey roads that leads us with a wore out Heart and Spirit in the end....Be careful....for if you don't listen to God's Direction and Voice...you are going to put yourself through alot of pain and suffering....

O

OFM

NOW YOU ARE FORGIVEN IN CHRIST ,AS JESUS SAID TO THE WOMEN CAUGHT UP IN THIS SIN HE SAID:"GO AND SIN NO MORE"
NOW BEE BLESSED ALLWAYS,
AMEN....

C

Chadtreme

Yes, it is still adultery. N if yu.r not married to her now yu r still sinning. N for her she will always be commiting adultery.

O

OFM

yes eye agree

A

Ariel82

hard question..... If a woman or man is married to an unbeliever and the unbeliever leaves or commits adultery then that is grounds for a divorce and the person is free to remarry. however Paul recommends they stay with the unbeliever for the sake of the children and/or the other person who may be brought to Christ by the believer.

if both are unbelievers? i don't know. haven't read any Bible verses about that one.

why don't you pray and ask God. in the end Love wins. someone told me that recently.

but then I'm one of those strange people who think if you have sex with someone then you are physically married to them for that time even if you do not commit yourself spiritually or emotionally to the other person. the whole joining two flesh into one thing...

the Bible tells us that God's plan for humans is ONE man and ONE woman. I'm against many sexual partners because I believe God teaches us that it goes against His original plan for creation. just as Moses gave the writ of divorce because of the hardness of people's hearts as Jesus told us.