Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 8, 2024
No argument

Again no argument

Again, you did not complete the whole passage. you did want most people do and cut only the parts out that support your case. and ignored the parts that do not.

The argument has nothing to do with who will be saved, we agree.

The argument is who did Jesus die for, and what was the will of God.

The will of God is whoever sees and believes.

You want to remove believe from the equation. That's where the error comes from.
if the whoever is whoever chooses to believe then why did Christ say some were already condemned?

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Faith is the fruit of salvation and NOT a condition to it!

1714438025674.jpeg

Mar 8, 2024
No one said it was.

But God will not give it to you unless you look and believe, thats the will of God.

But they can look and see. otherwise no one could be saved.

Yes. Sin was forgiven, that is called justification.. That is done through faith. Period.

You can not be made alive while still under the penalty of sin. Unless that sin is redeemed or justified.

We are justified by faith.

You can not remove faith from the equation.
Can a dead person look and believe?

Obviously you do not believe in the doctrine of original sin and somehow think that God lied to Adam when He told him he would die on that day.

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Mar 8, 2024
Your argument is with scripture

There you go picking and choosng again

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Who did he give the right? To THOSE (as many) Who received him.

You can't keep cutting or ignoring plain words of scripture.

You also need to learn to interpret correctly.

I did not will God and he saved me based on that will. It was his will that if I saw and believed, i would be saved.

lol.

You talk about me humbling myself while you hold yourself up an a pedistool of how great you are that God chose you..

You need to look inside my friend.
I have no reason to boast before God as I know I only deserve the lowest pit of Hell and that He chose me not because of who I am or anything I have done, do, or will do but purely out of the good pleasure of HIS will to the praise of the glory of His grace (Eph 1:4-6).

If you now understand that salvation is up to God's will then why do you continue to insist it is dependent upon the will of the person who believes?

True humility only comes to those who are granted to understand that salvation has absolutely nothing to do with their will which is at enmity with God.

Mar 8, 2024
God changed my heart 40 years ago.

When will you allow him to change yours?
if God truly changed your heart you wouldn't be boasting about you being saved because you believed.

Cry out to Him to grant you grace to believe completely in His grace while He still gives you breath.

Act 13:48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Mar 8, 2024
lol.

Nope.

thats where you are in error.

They are liviung breathing souls.. They are not so dead they can do nothing.

Again, Stop puffing yourself up. and stop making God the creator of evil..
I suppose you think the Apostle Paul needs to change what he had written below about the nature of man born in sin?

Rom 3:10 As it is written: "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE;
Rom 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS; THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS AFTER GOD.
Rom 3:12 THEY HAVE ALL TURNED ASIDE; THEY HAVE TOGETHER BECOME UNPROFITABLE; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, NO, NOT ONE."
Rom 3:13 "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN TOMB; WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY HAVE PRACTICED DECEIT"; "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS";
Rom 3:14 "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS."
Rom 3:15 "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD;
Rom 3:16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR WAYS;
Rom 3:17 AND THE WAY OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN."
Rom 3:18 "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."

God decreed all things that come to pass including the entrance of evil into the world at the choice of man by the temptation of the devil to demonstrate His holy hatred of evil to the praise of the glory of His justice and His holy love in saving His people from that evil to the praise of the glory of His grace.

Jan 24, 2024
The oldest Greek is "aligned to eternal life."
The TR has butchered the Greek to grunt language :cry::cry:

Acts 13:48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been aligned to eternal life believed.

τεταγμένοι
aligned

εἰς
to

ζωὴν
life

αἰώνιον
eternal

It means just like verses 46 Paul and Barnabas are "preaching the Gospel" and when the Gospel is heard Paul explains in Romans "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God ."

So as the Gentiles heard the Gospel and Faith came and they Believed, it did as verse 48 explains... aligned them to eternal life

Dec 18, 2023
If you think the word world means every single person without exception then there is no Hell as all must therefore be saved and Christ lied when He spoke more about Hell than He did about Heaven to warn people of going there.

Instead, I believe you think that Christ died for every single person not to save anyone at all but to make it possible for them to save themselves if only they would believe.

The sad truth is that the demons believe and they are not saved and it is impossible for man to believe unless he is first born again by grace which came through Christ because without the Holy Spirit, the Gospel is foolishness to spiritually dead men.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Yes that includes everyone when there walking in the flesh even saved people.

Galatians 5:16-18I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

When a saved person is led of the spirit they are not subject to the law

When a saved person person is led by the flesh they are subject to the law this when they act as a natural man to.

Oh one more thing every name is in the book of life until it is blotted out

Revelation 3:5

King James Version

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Dec 18, 2021
If you think the word world means every single person without exception then there is no Hell as all must therefore be saved and Christ lied when He spoke more about Hell than He did about Heaven to warn people of going there.
Again, this is not true. Because jesus said in the very next verses that whoever does not believe will be condemned.

what that means is jesus did nto die for the sin of unbelief.

Instead, I believe you think that Christ died for every single person not to save anyone at all but to make it possible for them to save themselves if only they would believe.
This ius not true either. How can I save myself if I can;t save myself and I must rely on someone else to save me?

Sometimes we just need to think about what we are saying

The sad truth is that the demons believe and they are not saved and it is impossible for man to believe unless he is first born again by grace which came through Christ because without the Holy Spirit, the Gospel is foolishness to spiritually dead men.
Demons do not trust the gospel. they believe there is one God.

Come on man..

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Yep. that;'s why they must be spoke to By God..

Dec 18, 2021
if the whoever is whoever chooses to believe then why did Christ say some were already condemned?
Because they did NOT BELIEVE.

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Faith is the fruit of salvation and NOT a condition to it!

View attachment 263351
So now you are telling God what God must do?

I was justified by Faith.. By the work of God.

Those are gods words not mine

Dec 18, 2021
Can a dead person look and believe?
Did The disciples (all but Judas) look and believe?

What did peter say, You have the words of eternal life and we have come to KNOW you are the Christ?

Peter was not alive yet

Obviously you do not believe in the doctrine of original sin and somehow think that God lied to Adam when He told him he would die on that day.

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
Oh I believe it, I just do not distort it to mean something it was never intended to mean

In adam all die, even though in Christ shall all be made alive.

Dec 18, 2021
I have no reason to boast before God as I know I only deserve the lowest pit of Hell and that He chose me not because of who I am or anything I have done, do, or will do but purely out of the good pleasure of HIS will to the praise of the glory of His grace (Eph 1:4-6).
Yes you do. God chose you over thousands of others.

Thats somethign to boast about

If you now understand that salvation is up to God's will then why do you continue to insist it is dependent upon the will of the person who believes?
Because it is Gods will that whoever sees and believes will be saved.

Is God not allowed to have a will?

True humility only comes to those who are granted to understand that salvation has absolutely nothing to do with their will which is at enmity with God.
When will you reach this level of humility?

Dec 18, 2021
if God truly changed your heart you wouldn't be boasting about you being saved because you believed.
I am not. I am boasting in God who saved me..
Cry out to Him to grant you grace to believe completely in His grace while He still gives you breath.
I trusted completely in him 40 years ago. when will you?

Act 13:48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
And because they believed, they were born again. Because they trusted God and stopped trusting self.

Dec 18, 2021
I suppose you think the Apostle Paul needs to change what he had written below about the nature of man born in sin?

Rom 3:10 As it is written: "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE;
Rom 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS; THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS AFTER GOD.
Rom 3:12 THEY HAVE ALL TURNED ASIDE; THEY HAVE TOGETHER BECOME UNPROFITABLE; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, NO, NOT ONE."
Rom 3:13 "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN TOMB; WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY HAVE PRACTICED DECEIT"; "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS";
Rom 3:14 "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS."
Rom 3:15 "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD;
Rom 3:16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR WAYS;
Rom 3:17 AND THE WAY OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN."
Rom 3:18 "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."

God decreed all things that come to pass including the entrance of evil into the world at the choice of man by the temptation of the devil to demonstrate His holy hatred of evil to the praise of the glory of His justice and His holy love in saving His people from that evil to the praise of the glory of His grace.
Yawn.

Chose this day who you will believe

Even Jesus said the people of Jerusalem were not willing..

Trust God or trust your doctrine.

If I was you I would walk away from doctrine and trust God.

Dec 18, 2021
then humble yourself and stop looking to your faith and look to Christ and live!
Looking to Christ IS FAITH. it is the defenition of true saving faith.. you look BECAUSE you have faith.. not to get it..

Stop looking at doctrine. it has you decieved..