Can we be cruel and have God in our hearts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Why is it that strangers will do so much to help others, like doctors,nurses, or even those who smile at us on the street. Yet often our Christian or real family will use cruelty to harm us. I love it when families fight, they are communicating. Using shunning without reason or talk is much worse.

Spouses use divorce, sisters use cruel words, parents use judging to do harm. Some of these people who do these things insist they are following Christ.

Isn’t love and showing it the heart of God in our lives? Isn’t cruelty the heart of Satan?

Jan 28, 2012
Why is it that strangers will do so much to help others, like doctors,nurses, or even those who smile at us on the street. Yet often our Christian or real family will use cruelty to harm us. I love it when families fight, they are communicating. Using shunning without reason or talk is much worse.

Spouses use divorce, sisters use cruel words, parents use judging to do harm. Some of these people who do these things insist they are following Christ.

Isn’t love and showing it the heart of God in our lives? Isn’t cruelty the heart of Satan?
Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3-Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profited me nothing.

Jesus said in John 13:35 “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another...[h=3]Love is:[/h]
  • Patient
  • Kind
  • Rejoices in truth
  • Bears up under all problems / Protects
  • Believes / Trusts
  • Hopes
  • Understands the of faults of others
  • Never fails / Perseveres

so I am going to have to say what do our words and actions say we must reflect Christ .. its hard to do but I pray God will give me his heart and get rid of mine ..
God bless..

J

jkalyna

TRUE TRUE TRUE REDTENT. POSTING SOME PICTURES TO MAKE YOU SMILE, HUGS LUV AND YOUR CHERISHED MUCH.

Attachments

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
I think the simple answer is Yes. We can be cruel and have God in our hearts simultaneously. Why? Because we are human and sinners. It doesn't excuse the cruel things we think and do. It just means we need to acknowledge the sin, ask for forgiveness, thank God for forgiving us even before we asked for it -- and forgiving us even before we sinned. Then move on and glorify God. :cool:

N

nathan3

I guess, its that Christians are not perfect,, that's no excuse . But people who have the problems inside realize they need help .

But your right, I wish that Christians think before we act. That we were a tightly nit, unit of highly disciplined people; in Christ teachings and actions . We are to some degree but not how we can try harder , and be better.

If we were able to follow Christ example perfectly , God would be very happy with us. and the world would be no obstacle at all for the Christian.

we need to at least treat each other and others in general with Love, with dignity and respect and let go of our propensity to destroy and divide each other unwittingly .

Last edited: