CAN WE LOSE OUR SALVATION?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreekChristian777

First I will say, of course we can. I don't want to explain anything. I will let the Bible speak for itself.

Hebrews 6:4-6 "For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, [SUP]5 [/SUP]who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— [SUP]6 [/SUP]and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

Romans 11:19-22

"“Well,” you may say, “those branches were broken off to make room for me.” [SUP]20 [/SUP]Yes, but remember—those branches were broken off because they didn’t believe in Christ, and you are there because you do believe. So don’t think highly of yourself, but fear what could happen. [SUP]21 [/SUP]For if God did not spare the original branches, he won’t[SUP][f][/SUP] spare you either. [SUP]22 [/SUP]Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe toward those who disobeyed, but kind to you if you continue to trust in his kindness. But if you stop trusting, you also will be cut off. "

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is going to be a lot of twisting of God's word. But if you only read with no twisting, you really have a part to play in your salvation. You can stop believing that God's mercy, grace and love will save you. You could experience such suffering and persecution that you will stop believing. God will not save you if you stop believing. I know. I have heard it all before- "If they stopped believing, were they ever really saved?" These verses seem to strongly state, yes. They were saved and they left God. God will never leave you, but you can leave God. No matter who does the leaving, the bond is broken

H

hattiebod

Maybe need to remove the '?' and just say instead...The definitive Answer Regarding This Topic.
Just a thought....certainly no response wanted? :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Now please don't twist these to say we can lose salvation.:D
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?Jn 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The problem with it all is that it is HIS salvation not ours to lose.

L

lioncub

I agree with the OP, salvation can be lost. Those who promote the idea that salvation cannot be lost, will have to give an account to Jesus Christ on judgement day. I once read a revelation, where a leader said that it was okay to get drunk. He ended up in burning agony in hell as a saved believer, not an unsaved one !

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I agree with the OP, salvation can be lost. Those who promote the idea that salvation cannot be lost, will have to give an account to Jesus Christ on judgement day. I once read a revelation, where a leader said that it was okay to get drunk. He ended up in burning agony in hell as a saved believer, not an unsaved one !
I can equally say that those who say ''one can lose God's salvation'' will have to give an account to Jesus Christ on judgement day because they are instilling doubts in the minds of believers...doubting God's faithfulness, love and ability.
Who is saying it is ok to get drunk? A saved Christian has a new heart bent on pleasing God.

Again it is his Salvation not ours and He won't lose what is His!!!