Can't Forgive Yourself? See His Promise For Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Can't forgive yourself? Pain & guilt too great? Ask Him for help.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:[SUP]19 [/SUP]And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. [SUP]21 [/SUP]Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jun 30, 2011

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:[SUP]19 [/SUP]And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. [SUP]21 [/SUP]Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
If they are in Christ - they are making a standard above what God would give them! That is idolatry!

U

unclefester

God loves the hand extended to lift up another :)

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly ...
and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
If they are in Christ - they are making a standard above what God would give them! That is idolatry!
A father ran over his little tot, backing up his tractor/mower off of the pickup truck. He had thought she was in the back yard playing with the other kids, but she heard her father and came around to be with him. I read that in the newspaper & I can't imagine the grief he is going through right now, but many people, even believers, are blaming themselves over accidents.

There are some believers that can accept God's forgiveness and believe that He does, but they cannot forgive themselves still. The empty bed... the silence of the loved one passed...and maybe even the cold shoulders from those around them... all this plays by the devil to remind them of their "fault". This is where they need His help even with that, because it can hurt.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
This is horrible and happens a lot. Everyone with kids or pets should have a vehicle backup camera. Sometimes they come built in on your car in new cars. If not you can buy one. It can prevent something like this from happening again. I know its not the point youre trying to make, but its still true and important.

A father ran over his little tot, backing up his tractor/mower off of the pickup truck. He had thought she was in the back yard playing with the other kids, but she heard her father and came around to be with him. I read that in the newspaper & I can't imagine the grief he is going through right now, but many people, even believers, are blaming themselves over accidents.

There are some believers that can accept God's forgiveness and believe that He does, but they cannot forgive themselves still. The empty bed... the silence of the loved one passed...and maybe even the cold shoulders from those around them... all this plays by the devil to remind them of their "fault". This is where they need His help even with that, because it can hurt.