Can't stay strong I need help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 12, 2021
Any Bible versus or books I can read that can help me stay strong? Any prayers? I was so down and broken and read the book of Job and Salmon and it helped me a lot. But I really need more strength to fight against what I am going through. What can I tell myself to reassure myself that I am strong enough that I can do it? Any words of affirmation so that I can believe in myself? Someone told me that I was strong enough to come to the forum so if I can do this then I must be strong enough to fight against what I am doing. That seemed to help. Thank you

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Any Bible versus or books I can read that can help me stay strong? Any prayers? I was so down and broken and read the book of Job and Salmon and it helped me a lot. But I really need more strength to fight against what I am going through. What can I tell myself to reassure myself that I am strong enough that I can do it? Any words of affirmation so that I can believe in myself? Someone told me that I was strong enough to come to the forum so if I can do this then I must be strong enough to fight against what I am doing. That seemed to help. Thank you
The best advice given to me is just stop and give in. Give in to what? God. I often try to force the strength of my own, force the willpower, force the goal I wish to desire. When in reality it is God's strength and God's encouragement I desired which I could never force. It only comes when we submit in faith. When we give in, let go and let God we find that it is in faith where we gain the power. In faith we adhere to the prompting of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit being where the power lies.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Any Bible versus or books I can read that can help me stay strong? Any prayers? I was so down and broken and read the book of Job and Salmon and it helped me a lot. But I really need more strength to fight against what I am going through. What can I tell myself to reassure myself that I am strong enough that I can do it? Any words of affirmation so that I can believe in myself? Someone told me that I was strong enough to come to the forum so if I can do this then I must be strong enough to fight against what I am doing.
Hello Redcars, while I agree with what @Roughsoul1991 just said about a Christian's need to depend upon God, not on his/her own strength, to live the Christian life and to see them past the problems that they face in life, it would be helpful (for the sake of giving you the best advice we can) if we knew a bit more about the problem(s) you are facing. We don't need specifics, but are you, for instance,

1. trying to survive/stay strong in the face of something that has happened to you (e.g. you got cancer; you spouse left you for another; etc.) or​
2. sinning in some way and feel that you cannot stop doing so (even though you have tried to do so many times? or
3. something else?

There are certainly Bible verses, prayers, and advice that can help you with either any situation, but without knowing what you are going through, in at least a basic/general sense, it's hard to know which verses/passages to point you towards, what kind of prayers to offer for you, and/or what kind of Biblical counsel and/pr encouragement to offer you.

Thanks!

God bless you!

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Sorry about not correcting the typos above, but a phone call came in that I had to take and my 5 min editing window passed me by. If something that I wrote seems unclear to you, just let me know.

Jul 12, 2021
Hello Redcars, while I agree with what @Roughsoul1991 just said about a Christian's need to depend upon God, not on his/her own strength, to live the Christian life and to see them past the problems that they face in life, it would be helpful (for the sake of giving you the best advice we can) if we knew a bit more about the problem(s) you are facing. We don't need specifics, but are you, for instance,

1. trying to survive/stay strong in the face of something that has happened to you (e.g. you got cancer; you spouse left you for another; etc.) or​
2. sinning in some way and feel that you cannot stop doing so (even though you have tried to do so many times? or
3. something else?

There are certainly Bible verses, prayers, and advice that can help you with either any situation, but without knowing what you are going through, in at least a basic/general sense, it's hard to know which verses/passages to point you towards, what kind of prayers to offer for you, and/or what kind of Biblical counsel and/pr encouragement to offer you.

Thanks!

God bless you!

~Deut
I want to fight my abusers in court and I already lost once because my horrible attorney didn't submit my evidence even in cross examination I had evidence, videos, pictures etc to prove they were lying and it wasn't presented. In fact I was classified as the abuser! This was the most unjust thing ever! I thought God would help me win but he didn't. So this pretty much gives my abusers a license to kill because now they know they can get away with things and nothing happens to me. Knowing that God didn't give me victory the first time makes me think that he can allow for me not to have victory the next time. I want to be able to accept that, without breaking down both physically and emotionally but I just don't have the strength so I crawl in bed just crying nonstop feeling weak and defeated.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Thank you @Redcars, now I have a better understanding :)

My advice would be to present your case, your evidence, and everything that happened in court to a second attorney to get a second opinion (did your present attorney tell you why he/she failed to present the evidence that you provided them with?).

There are great attorneys and there are lousy attorneys, so look for a different attorney with a different law firm (in this case, it sounds like you need an attorney who practices family law), and be sure to find one who has a great reputation and is highly recommended and respected by many in his/her area of expertise, and see what they have to say about your case.

Part of my family is embroiled in a court battle right now, where one, VERY expensive attorney was hired by one member of my family. The thing is, the case went nowhere until another member of my family brought their far less expensive, but far tougher and far more experienced lawyer on board, and now they are doing FAR better in court, as well, in fact, as they had hoped that they would :)

My other advice is to talk to your pastor, both for his counsel, and so that he'll know how to pray for you specifically.

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

~Deut
p.s. - here is some advice to consider, both from the Bible, and from one of my favorite pastors too .. Psalm 37:4-7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:31. The basis for all of it (as I'm sure you will see) is to trust and hope in the Lord, no matter what, and to continue to wait patiently on Him to see you through this trouble (never taking your eyes off of Him).

Swindoll - Two words - accept and trust.jpg

Jul 12, 2021
Thank you @Redcars, now I have a better understanding :)

My advice would be to present your case, your evidence, and everything that happened in court to a second attorney to get a second opinion (did your present attorney tell you why he/she failed to present the evidence that you provided them with?).

There are great attorneys and there are lousy attorneys, so look for a different attorney with a different law firm (in this case, it sounds like you need an attorney who practices family law), and be sure to find one who has a great reputation and is highly recommended and respected by many in his/her area of expertise, and see what they have to say about your case.

Part of my family is embroiled in a court battle right now, where one, VERY expensive attorney was hired by one member of my family. The thing is, the case went nowhere until another member of my family brought their far less expensive, but far tougher and far more experienced lawyer on board, and now they are doing FAR better in court, as well, in fact, as they had hoped that they would :)

My other advice is to talk to your pastor, both for his counsel, and so that he'll know how to pray for you specifically.

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

~Deut
p.s. - here is some advice to consider, both from the Bible, and from one of my favorite pastors too .. Psalm 37:4-7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:31. The basis for all of it (as I'm sure you will see) is to trust and hope in the Lord, no matter what, and to continue to wait patiently on Him to see you through this trouble (never taking your eyes off of Him).

Thank you it gives me a little hope to know that low budget attorneys can still win a case, my family is wealthy so they can afford the best, when I lost they had me pay their attorney fees which were obviously inflated and guess what? It was100K, so not only was I abuse, I lost and lost my life savings while they laugh at my face! The most ironic thing is before this I had already given them everything I had, everything I worked for was put in their name, houses, cars, which I don't care they can keep it. What I care is their agenda to hurt me as much as possible even after I'm long gone. So after the case my attorney dissapear and ignore my calls, he knows he messed up and he doesnt care.

I keep thinking about Goliath and David and I want to believe that second time around will be victory but what if it isn't? What if God wants the third or fourth time to be victory? That is what I'm having trouble accepting defeat over and over and just withering away.

But I would talk to my pastor and I will pray that God sends me the right lawyer, hopefully a great fighter

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
Thank you it gives me a little hope to know that low budget attorneys can still win a case, my family is wealthy so they can afford the best, when I lost they had me pay their attorney fees which were obviously inflated and guess what? It was100K, so not only was I abuse, I lost and lost my life savings while they laugh at my face! The most ironic thing is before this I had already given them everything I had, everything I worked for was put in their name, houses, cars, which I don't care they can keep it. What I care is their agenda to hurt me as much as possible even after I'm long gone. So after the case my attorney dissapear and ignore my calls, he knows he messed up and he doesnt care.

I keep thinking about Goliath and David and I want to believe that second time around will be victory but what if it isn't? What if God wants the third or fourth time to be victory? That is what I'm having trouble accepting defeat over and over and just withering away.

But I would talk to my pastor and I will pray that God sends me the right lawyer, hopefully a great fighter
I am sorry you are going through a hard time. It can be difficult at best to not feel overwhelmed or defeated then "going through".
All I can add to all of this valuable scripture and encouragement, is more encouragement.
God is faithful to deliver us from stuff...junk...crud. Sometimes we don't see Him at work, but He is!
Hang in, Redcars, and believe God. Oh, and strength? That also comes from experience. Having seen God do things for you in the past can solidify in your heart that He will do it again. Stay in the game, Redcars, and see what God can do!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I want to fight my abusers in court and I already lost once because my horrible attorney didn't submit my evidence even in cross examination I had evidence, videos, pictures etc to prove they were lying and it wasn't presented. In fact I was classified as the abuser! This was the most unjust thing ever! I thought God would help me win but he didn't. So this pretty much gives my abusers a license to kill because now they know they can get away with things and nothing happens to me. Knowing that God didn't give me victory the first time makes me think that he can allow for me not to have victory the next time. I want to be able to accept that, without breaking down both physically and emotionally but I just don't have the strength so I crawl in bed just crying nonstop feeling weak and defeated.
God tells you to resist not evil but do good to those who abuse you! Paul says he is content with whatever state he is in. My minister told me that whenever I think of how awful it is that I have been so treated to use this scripture as prayer for them: The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’ Numbers 6:24-26.

The Lord will give you strength to do these impossible things, and you will be free to make the best of the life that is left to you. When you give up running your own life but give it over to the Lord it frees you from tears. It gives you strength to put up with what would seem unbearable to our material, fleshly life.

O

Oblio

Forgive, bless, love those who wrong me is the hardest and most important lesson I've ever learned.
20 years ago I got really ill from my job. I lost it, my wife and kids, my home, my friends, and my ministry.
What's different today? Me. I have a relationship with the Lord that I never would've had otherwise.
He is so real to me. It was only when I looked at my life from an eternal perspective, did it make sense.
I've stayed single. Life is hard and painful. I am in constant need of the Lord's help. I am dependent on Him.
I wouldn't wish my struggles on anyone...though at this point, I wouldn't trade them for anything!
Do yourself a favor...try to forgive these people...try to pray for them...try to love them...bless you.
I've learned to say, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...blessed be the name of the Lord!" Shalom.