Cards. bad or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jesusfan2

I am just thinking... Cards... With cards are so many fun games to play... But few peoples says that christians should not play that. They says that even simple game, means something. I mean something bad - like wizards doing. Dont know how it is in english... sorry for that. :D So... If you understand what i am asking, pleas, aswere me! :D Cards - Good or bad? :D

Thank you!

K

KnightdeKhristos

I am just thinking... Cards... With cards are so many fun games to play... But few peoples says that christians should not play that. They says that even simple game, means something. I mean something bad - like wizards doing. Dont know how it is in english... sorry for that. :D So... If you understand what i am asking, pleas, aswere me! :D Cards - Good or bad? :D

Thank you!
Playing cards aren't bad in general. Using cards for gambling is more of a sin than using them to play simple games because the Bible tells use to stay away from the love of money (which gambling is). Also, gambling is addictive.

A

AnandaHya

are you talking about gambling?

I think games are good but you must remember too worship GOD and focus on what He wants you to do with your life. People get distracted with games of winning and competing and forget to help others.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Cards... You can play cards if you want. As long as you are not gambling or doing it for selfish gain.

J

Jesusfan2

AHA! okay... for me it's clear already :D Thx, guys :) I like cards very much... do you|? :DDD funy...

P

peachetty

okkk so cards were used in witch craft and fortune telling and stuff like that (and still are) they were made for that type of stuff. each card started out as haveing a meaning like one would mean death or something, but now no one really cares about that. there just used for fun card games! soo like a lot of things their original meaning was bad... but now they can be good lol i dont see a problem with them at all though, to me as long as your not useinng them for the wrong stuff their fine!

J

Jesusfan2

OKAY THEN :D Thank you, sis :)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
a lot of trading card games like yu gi oh have satanic cards in them like "nurse reficule the fallen one"..backwards reficule
= elucifer which they just recently reprinted so people would forget the name. The entire "darklords" archetype is all satan and fallen angels literally...
revelation 12:9
[SUP]"[/SUP]So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
check it out they even have their own card for that
casting_out_the_darklords_by_alanmac95-dahuqn1.jpg

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Why are you even looking at this mumbo jumbo?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
because i just randomly saw this thread and decided to respond to it... It's not like i don't have any knowledge or history on the subject... I played yu gi oh and magic the gathering for over a decade on a competitive level, and i noticed that a lot of the cards they come out with are satanic and refer to lucifer/satan a lot. My post before was just a simple warning not to get into playing those types of card games.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I like playing Mau mau.. playing a few games isnt easy. I would even sit down with ppl and play over peanuts and stuff...lol..and pennys. unless you make a bad habit out of it. <<normal cards

Now I had yugio and pokemon cards myself lol. I gathered them for quite a while gettin all the fancy cards and after a while they got boring and threw em away and made card houses with it.
As long as it doesnt get addictive your fine.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
lol sis lemme explain this.
Theres them cards with them pictures and then when other people have them u kinda fight these monsters against another... Its a thing that kids play..Pokemon cards and all sorts of others. I dunno where they came from. I just remember that from elementary school.
I guess its like a trend or so

Why are you even looking at this mumbo jumbo?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah but playing an innocent game of cards, normal cards lol, is different from playing with ones that are satanic.

I like playing Mau mau.. playing a few games isnt easy. I would even sit down with ppl and play over peanuts and stuff...lol..and pennys. unless you make a bad habit out of it. <<normal cards

Now I had yugio and pokemon cards myself lol. I gathered them for quite a while gettin all the fancy cards and after a while they got boring and threw em away and made card houses with it.
As long as it doesnt get addictive your fine.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
lol well sis I survived them lol. You have a point. better safe than sorry. Best to let it go and just get some chips and chill out :p
But usually ppl grow out of playing with them cards and figurines.

Yeah but playing an innocent game of cards, normal cards lol, is different from playing with ones that are satanic.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
drum roll..... aaaaaaaaaaaand....

1293185-thread_necromancy.jpg

Hee hee;b