Career changes and the end times

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

Hi all,
Well, I was wondering if folks could help me with a question regarding career decisions that lie ahead of me.
I have the option of taking a job with less pay but which requires less training or a job with more pay but at least 6 more years of study.
In the light of the very precarious political climate and economic instability - what would be a wise choice?I mean _ I will be stuck with student debt from university studies or I can go to community college for a fraction of the price but with potentially smaller dividends.
I am just not sure if I have been spending too much time on the weird side of the internet so that I figure that the NWO will arrive before I can get this new career path off the ground!Sounds silly but there is alot of uncertainty about the future and I'm not sure how to respond biblically.All genuine feedback welcome !

M

Mooky

Hi all,
Well, I was wondering if folks could help me with a question regarding career decisions that lie ahead of me.
I have the option of taking a job with less pay but which requires less training or a job with more pay but at least 6 more years of study.
In the light of the very precarious political climate and economic instability - what would be a wise choice?I mean _ I will be stuck with student debt from university studies or I can go to community college for a fraction of the price but with potentially smaller dividends.
I am just not sure if I have been spending too much time on the weird side of the internet so that I figure that the NWO will arrive before I can get this new career path off the ground!Sounds silly but there is alot of uncertainty about the future and I'm not sure how to respond biblically.All genuine feedback welcome !

One thing ppl say when I ask them for advice is <"Do what you are passionate about!
- Well the only thing I am passionate about is seeing that people hear and respond to the gospel - everything else is secondary - and , no that does not mean I want to be a full time missionary - already explored that option and its not feasible for many reasons.So I geuss I have to be really pragmatic about this career move - I'm not "passionate "about it but mildly interested in it.
Thanks!

1still_waters

Christians are not to live in paralysis because Jesus could come back at any time and because the world is in turmoil.

Make a decision.

If Jesus comes back a month from now, then so be it.
If he comes back 20 years from now, and you do nothing, then you're stuck with no progress, simply because you let "end times" stuff paralyze you.

Do somethin with the talents/gifts God has given you.
Let God do the worrying about the exact time Jesus is coming back.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I would pray about it, ask god for him to guide you in what to do. Most importantly ask god for his will to be done not yours, trust me it always turns out the best. He may even have a better job for you than what you are looking at

M

Mooky

Christians are not to live in paralysis because Jesus could come back at any time and because the world is in turmoil.

Make a decision.

If Jesus comes back a month from now, then so be it.
If he comes back 20 years from now, and you do nothing, then you're stuck with no progress, simply because you let "end times" stuff paralyze you.

Do somethin with the talents/gifts God has given you.
Let God do the worrying about the exact time Jesus is coming back.
Thanks Stillwaters.I hope to take this on board.