Catholic Teaching On Mary.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

murraymuzz

idolatry..
that is all.
You should take all your family pictures out of your house, thats idolatry too....

Deuteronomy 4:16-19
Beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth. And beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
Its a believable argument, but the sentence started by identifying the mother; so coming to the conclusion that they are not blood brothers and sisters is a stretch.

but my problem in your teaching is not so much about Mary's virginity, i was just being facetious

The term Mother of God sends an inaccurate message. She was created by God and simply a vessel used for allowing Him to coming to earth as a man.
She served her purpose well and God blessed her for it. She like he would bless us as we continue in obedience to Him. In proverbs 31:28 the bible states that a woman who does well, her children will rise up and call her blessed.

In the end Jesus is the one who made the sacrifice for us and made Himself a bridge between us and the father.
I am glad that Mary was available and accomplished her purpose, but her duty stops there

O

OFM

THIS IS A VERY MUCH ALOT HIGHLY SPIRITUALLY EXCELLENT COLLECTION OF SPIRITUAL TEACHINGS ON THIS BIBLE SUBJECT/TOPIC SPIRITUAL MATTER THAT HAS BEEN PLACED HERE ON THIS FORUM AMEN...

M

murraymuzz

Its a believable argument, but the sentence started by identifying the mother; so coming to the conclusion that they are not blood brothers and sisters is a stretch.

but my problem in your teaching is not so much about Mary's virginity, i was just being facetious

The term Mother of God sends an inaccurate message. She was created by God and simply a vessel used for allowing Him to coming to earth as a man.
She served her purpose well and God blessed her for it. She like he would bless us as we continue in obedience to Him. In proverbs 31:28 the bible states that a woman who does well, her children will rise up and call her blessed.

In the end Jesus is the one who made the sacrifice for us and made Himself a bridge between us and the father.
I am glad that Mary was available and accomplished her purpose, but her duty stops there
You know i think i know the way you feel when we say mother of God, I got the same feeling from the sola fide doctrine, Faith alone, but when i looked into it i understood it better. At first glance it seems that all you need is faith and nothing else, which i thought to be misleading, but looking into it i understood that if you have faith you will produce fruits.

Jan 9, 2012
Maybe Spiritual children? You said "In proverbs 31:28 the bible states that a woman who does well, her children will rise up and call her blessed."

Feb 22, 2010
1 Timothy 2:5 '' For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus''

1 John 2:1 ''My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous''

Mary being an intercessor for us is not Biblical in any way, shape or form. Jesus is the only Mediator and the only advocate with the Father, not Mary, not any of the Apostles, no one except Jesus Christ himself.

So praying to anyone else but him, is complete nonsense and should not be practiced.

M

murraymuzz

1 Timothy 2:5 '' For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus''

1 John 2:1 ''My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous''

Mary being an intercessor for us is not Biblical in any way, shape or form. Jesus is the only Mediator and the only advocate with the Father, not Mary, not any of the Apostles, no one except Jesus Christ himself.

So praying to anyone else but him, is complete nonsense and should not be practiced.
You need to read the whole chapter and not take it out of context..

1 Timothy 2
New International Version (NIV)
Instructions on Worship

2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying —and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

Feb 22, 2010
Okay, regardless that verse states plainly that there is one God and one Mediator between god and men, the man Christ Jesus....

in or out of context that statement is true...

and as for the beginning of the chapter yes it does say

1 Timothy 2:1 ''Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,''

and that's right we should pray for others, but not pray TO others...

My point is that no where in the Bible does it say anything about Mary being an intercessor therefore it shouldn't be practiced.

P.S I did read the entire post

M

murraymuzz

Okay, regardless that verse states plainly that there is one God and one Mediator between god and men, the man Christ Jesus....

in or out of context that statement is true...

and as for the beginning of the chapter yes it does say

1 Timothy 2:1 ''Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,''

and that's right we should pray for others, but not pray TO others...

My point is that no where in the Bible does it say anything about Mary being an intercessor therefore it shouldn't be practiced.

P.S I did read the entire post
It says we are all intercessors for each other, and it is true there is one mediator between god and man. But Catholics believe even though someone dies on the earth they are still alive because that was the whole point of the resurrection.

John 11:23-26
New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

And seeing as Mary was the most perfect of all creatures, besides that of Jesus Christ himself

James 5:16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

K

kujo313

Eve was Adam's WIFE.

The "wife" of Jesus, your "second Adam", is the Church. The Church is the Bride of Christ.

Just as Adam and Eve looked to God, Jesus and the Church are to look to God, also. Jesus pointed the Way. He deflected people's attention towards God when they mentioned Mary.

According to Jesus and His disciples who have letters in the Bible, the way to God is through Jesus and Him, alone.