Caught Drinking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dixon

I am a 20 year old college student, I was caught drinking on the school campus and now I have to go to a disciplinary meeting to "review the evidence." When the RA's confronted me, I initially gave them a fake name, but then got caught in my lie and had to give them my real one. What should I do at this disciplinary meeting? I could say that some person just gave them my name to get out of trouble, if the RA's try to ID me I could say they are just trying to cover for themselves. Ultimately it my word against theirs (unless they somehow have surveillance camera footage of me). I suppose I could also get my room mate to lie for me and say we didn't do any drinking. "sigh" What are your thoughts?

W

WastingTheDawn

Just stay drinking and hope things turn out somehow.

Joking!

Don't lie to anyone. You giving a false ID was bad enough, now you are planning to lie more? Or even more foul stuff, make someone else lie for you?

You got caught, buddy. Denying what is true is plainly stupid and corrupt. Lying and pretending people aren't real, they are like some many-faced personalities that
are whatever the circumstances demand. Be a real person and speak the truth.

Last edited:
D

Dread_Zeppelin

If you lie they'll know you're just trying to cover your rear. I know from friends (I'm at college too) that if you want to stay at college you have to come clean. Apologize! Tell them that you paniced and lied. They will see that you were just being a typical college student (hopefully).

As for your word against theirs? Guess what buddy, you were the one who was caught, they're going to trust the RA because thats what they're there for. They catch people ALL the time- and they're going to catch you. In my opinion, you have no choice but to come clean if you want to help yourself. If you're a christian you should pray for favor from the board. If not...well then good luck.

R

RubberDuckie

Got caught? You did the crime. Don't lie about anything else it just will get all jumbled up and get you in even more trouble. Admit your offence and take the discipline.And come on...wait another year dude! :p

L

Love009

After you lie once, lies just keep on building up and up and eventually they will all over flow and it will be one big mess!! I know when I lie I feel soo guilty afterwards! But idk, whatever you decide know that consequences will arise from wrong actions.

W

Walt

Just admit that you were nervous and gave them a fake name and that you were drinking. Be apologetic.
They will probably kick you out of school, and you will never get into another one because of it, but its the right thing to do.

W

Walt

I'm just kidding, they won't kick you out. It will be more like a slap on the wrist, no matter where you go to school. Worst case scenerio you have to take an alcohol awarness class.

L

Love009

haha i was about to say that was a little harsh there walt!

C

christiancollegegirl

You got caught then lied about your name. Sounds like you're toast to me.

M

Maddog

Tell the truth.

F

forgivenandloved

I am a 20 year old college student, I was caught drinking on the school campus and now I have to go to a disciplinary meeting to "review the evidence." When the RA's confronted me, I initially gave them a fake name, but then got caught in my lie and had to give them my real one. What should I do at this disciplinary meeting? I could say that some person just gave them my name to get out of trouble, if the RA's try to ID me I could say they are just trying to cover for themselves. Ultimately it my word against theirs (unless they somehow have surveillance camera footage of me). I suppose I could also get my room mate to lie for me and say we didn't do any drinking. "sigh" What are your thoughts?
MAN UP and take your punishment. One lie just leads to others. And I wouldn't want to be caught in a lie with the law enforcement people just saying..........

C

Cako53

Deffinatly just suck it up and approach it like a man. You have a backbone, so don't lie to try and get out of your problems. If you weren't ready to admit to it you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Tell them the truth and pray.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
bring a six pack to the meeting - try to lighten the mood. they might not expel you.

U

Umpire4God

I'm in college as well, its just better to come clean with it, i think i have had some ex roommates from when i lived on campus got caught drinking, and all they had to do was go to an alcohol class and do some community service. i don't know what its like for other places though. But its not good to lie.

C

christiancollegegirl

lol Sharp!! Something tels me that woudn't go over too well.

R

RubberDuckie

bring a six pack to the meeting - try to lighten the mood. they might not expel you.
BAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD ONE! I would soooo do that!

M

MaryR

haha Sharp, that made me laugh.
Anyway, just to add a bit of repetitiveness, another opinion. Tell the truth. Your word against theirs means that they'll come out on top. Trust me (Although I hate when people say that). I've seen it happen. I doubt it'll be a big deal. Most schools know that we're kids off the leash. We do stupid things (not that I'm calling you stupid or advocating it). At my first day on campus the dean of my school told us, "This is a dry campus... but it rains a lot." =)