Celebrating Halloween Is Wrong Here's Why

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What if nobody gave you any did you play a trick on them? I saw this american movie where the children would throw flour at people and light bonfires. It looked innocent but I can imagine if they were doing it unsupervised it would get out of hand if someone took it the wrong way. You only need one bad person to spoil a whole lot of good ones.

My auntries house roof was burned when a rogue firework landed on it. This was before skyrockets were banned. Even if you are taking precautions there will be so many others that are careless. The SPCA report so many cases of animal abuse and advise that during guy fawkes pets are kept inside.

I would say nowadays if you want to go round begging for candy do it outside at the mall with the homeless people. Why dont supermarkets just say to children if you dress up while your parents are shopping we will give you free candy. Then you wont have to bother the neighbours who have other things to do that evening. Most shops are open late. If the object is just to get candy. Why not just ask your parents.
Many words ridiculing something one has never experienced for herself.

Makes me want to find a holiday native to her culture and pick holes in it. I wouldn't, of course, even if she could see what I'm saying. But it makes me want to anyway.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
What if nobody gave you any did you play a trick on them? I saw this american movie where the children would throw flour at people and light bonfires. It looked innocent but I can imagine if they were doing it unsupervised it would get out of hand if someone took it the wrong way. You only need one bad person to spoil a whole lot of good ones.

My auntries house roof was burned when a rogue firework landed on it. This was before skyrockets were banned. Even if you are taking precautions there will be so many others that are careless. The SPCA report so many cases of animal abuse and advise that during guy fawkes pets are kept inside.

I would say nowadays if you want to go round begging for candy do it outside at the mall with the homeless people. Why dont supermarkets just say to children if you dress up while your parents are shopping we will give you free candy. Then you wont have to bother the neighbours who have other things to do that evening. Most shops are open late. If the object is just to get candy. Why not just ask your parents.
No I was not a trickster. If the light wasn't on and no candy available I moved to the next house.....I went for the treats not to do the tricks.-

I assume that you never went Trick or Treating at Halloween? Just wondering.....

At 64 if I want candy I do go to the store but what a hoot if I did decide to go ring doorbells at Halloween now....I'd just say I'm dressed as an old lady....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No I was not a trickster. If the light wasn't on and no candy available I moved to the next house.....I went for the treats not to do the tricks.-

I assume that you never went Trick or Treating at Halloween? Just wondering.....

At 64 if I want candy I do go to the store but what a hoot if I did decide to go ring doorbells at Halloween now....I'd just say I'm dressed as an old lady....
Never. We dont have it in our country. Or we never used to I dont remember anyone doing it. We had Guy Fawkes night and fun with lighting crackers and shooting gunpowder instead.

Couldnt you just ask your parents if you wanted candy.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Never. We dont have it in our country. Or we never used to I dont remember anyone doing it. We had Guy Fawkes night and fun with lighting crackers and shooting gunpowder instead.

Couldnt you just ask your parents if you wanted candy.
When I had parents I did....With me at 64 they are both dead now. But as a kid it was fun to knock on doors dressed up and say trick or treat and have them give you candy....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We had dress up parties. Birthdays were fun.
But anything is fun when you are little. You just make your own fun. Since we dont have halloween here librarians usually have a book week in schools where we dress up as our favourite character. I remember going as Mrs twit. My costume was basically a hat with black paper stuck to it at funny angles to represent her crazy hair. It was my favourite book. Im sure nobody could tell it was her and my costume was a fail. My best friend at the time came as a clown and I asked her what book the clown was from. She s like I dont know What book I just wanted to dress as aclown. Lol to me that was unacceptable!

Then theres the whole cosplay thing that the japanese do. Cos they are crazy about manga comics. We have a whole comic book month were everyone dresses up as characters. I had these pyjamas that were comic book panel print so i just wore those. Its fun being a librarian. I wouldnt say its a serious job that some people make out especially if you work with children.

I get annoyed that some peoole seem to think all librarians wear their hair in a bun. I dont know where they get that from. I do wear glasses though. And mouse slippers. You need quiet shoes to work in the library.

Anyhow. I think a lot of parents dont really think about telling their children the reason behind why they celebrate certain things. They just do it cos its fun. None of the children at school in one class of 6-7 year olds had any clue why on 5 november people let off fireworks. I had to show them the history books that explain why it was so. Theres always story behind it thats why I supoose Im a librarian. You dont just judge books by their covers. Or people either.