Challenges

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

What do you think the greatest challenges for christian singles are?

U

Ugly

To me it stinks to meet people that you like, but who aren't available. Maybe they're taken already, maybe they just don't have the interest in you, or maybe too many differences. Whatever the reason it becomes wearing to meet people but still not be able to change things.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
I think seeing how care free non Christians are about drifting in and out of relationships, everything feels much more serious as a Christian, which isn't a bad thing.

T

TurtleShell

I know one of the biggest challenges that I face is the pressure from non-believers who are in relationships: "Don't you think it is time to settle down?" A) No, I am only 21 so I have time. B) It is not like picking up produce at the market, you just don't pick it up and take it home - you take TIME to develop a RELATIONSHIP.

J

Jullianna

I listen to my married friends gripe about their husbands NOT doing this or that around home to help so often and I think...wow...must be nice to have help with at least SOME things. :D It's tough juggling it all alone sometimes, huh?

It's challenging to listen to them complain about something their husband said or didn't say, when I can't talk to mine anymore about anything...ever.

It's challenging to listen to them take their husbands' affections so lightly.

But ..hey..as long as I know what I'm waiting for will be worth the wait, I'm more than okay with it. :D God has blessed my life so much. I can't honestly say that there are things I don't miss about being with someone, but I can say that God is there....every minute...everyday. :)

F

Fidelis

Does being single have challenges? I only see opportunities :D

J

Jullianna

True, Sir :)

I don't see challenge as being a bad thing :)

Cheekygrin

Jan 25, 2011
Personally, I find the Rubix Cube kinda challenging. I don't know if that's just a singles thing or not. I'd love to get some feedback though. Maybe someone else has faced this and can suggest ways of overcoming it?

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Personally, I find the Rubix Cube kinda challenging. I don't know if that's just a singles thing or not. I'd love to get some feedback though. Maybe someone else has faced this and can suggest ways of overcoming it?
Peel all the stickers off and replace them on the same-color side. Works for me..........

Last edited:

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
To me it stinks to meet people that you like, but who aren't available. Maybe they're taken already, maybe they just don't have the interest in you, or maybe too many differences. Whatever the reason it becomes wearing to meet people but still not be able to change things.
First, let me say welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better. Also, I get what you're saying. It can certainly wear a person down sometimes.

Speaking from personal experience, to meet someone who completely blows you away then have various things standing in the way of even a real shot of it stinks. Plus, it's incredibly rare that anyone even gets my attention in that way to begin with...and even raises the bar higher...as in, "Will I ever meet another that compares to her?". Hmm.

Also, at times it is challenging to keep a positive attitude. I have my moments for sure, but have mostly done well with it recently. We'll see if that keeps up. I am more emotionally independent than the average person, so I could understand how a lot of people would find that even more difficult than myself. eek. Not fun.

If they still make them like they used to, just snap all the little squares off and then snap them back on with all the colors aligned properly. Who needs all that spinning, twisting around of the pieces, and thinking anyways? :D

J

Jullianna

I have a rubber stress reducer that looks like a real solved Rubix cube. I keep it on my bookshelf in my office just to mess with people :D
My boss gave it to me. Works great when I throw it at him. :)

1still_waters

Too many expectations of spiritual perfection.

Without Jesus, men/women expect a certain amount of perfection as it is.

Throw in Jesus, and men/women now expect...

1. The perfect Proverbs 31 woman.
2.The perfect male leader.

So the guy spends time trying to 'become the perfect Godly leader' type, and in the process may end up becoming an empty shell of an ideal, at the expense of throwing away his personality. And the same for the woman trying to 'become the ideal Proverbs 31 woman."

Men/woman can make the mistake of making their personalities go extinct, as they pursue that ideal shell of what they think they should be.

J

Jullianna

I think that's true, Stilly, because a lot of people don't understand that the work of God is constant in our lives, not presto/chango overnight. We need to be more forgiving, accepting and patient with one another

G

GreenNnice

Peel all the stickers off and replace them on the same-color side. Works for me..........

Amen ! God wants us to see our challenges as nothing more than something to overcome with aplomb. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

Snackers doesn't accept bad examples; Snackers IS a bad example. I can NOT control that kid............:D
----
I just got Piddy a pretty pink leather leash, perhaps, not pink, I think green , or, ok, since snakx is blue, a blue navy leash would be a perfect contrast to his handsomeness , and he would just think you were giving him a new 'leash' look instead of ruling with the rod to correct him, Snackersmommy :D

Last edited by a moderator: