change the name of the mentally disabled room

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

soccerboo

hi, just i rekon it should be called disability or something like that because its a much nicer way to put things AND, im sure it would make the people that want to use it more comfortable.

I t also might attract less people who might joke around and pretend to be disabled.

thanks;)

Gb

S

soccerboo

UNLESS, everyone is happy with the name already provided!!

N

Nichole-4-Christ

hmm i vote change the room name

Nov 14, 2008
yeah i gotta say change it to.....

May 30, 2008
Better be changed to LETTING OFF PRESSURE room.
and can be divided into
1. Family Issues
2. Relationships
3. work

dmw

Banned
Jun 18, 2007
If someone has physical disabilities and wants to fellowship with another who also has some challenges, then it's a great idea to have another room, but it should not be called 'mentally challenged'. Even the mentally challenged will find that offensive; they already have it hard enough in this world. My 2 cents and thanks for listening ;).

D

DANDY

I agree it would sound much better to change the name .

dandy

N

Nichole-4-Christ

also i am sick of it being referred to as cowboy4God's idea , his room , his everything if you want to have people feel part of it can you make it so people feel as if they belong. also just because we are disabled doesnt mean I need to be preached at 24/7 on how God loves me even though i have a disability. so please stop preaching at me

A

Abing

wow did i miss something???? whats this room abuot... gotta check the chatroom

S

soccerboo

lol abing, by the way, i meant to start the thread by saying
change the name of the mentally chanllenged room

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Cowboy4God requested the room.. and he suggested that name. I thought of other names, but there were objections to all of them as well.

Please don't ask me to change the name unless you can give me a better name. :)

It should be descriptive enough to make it clear what it's for.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Okay with the help of cowboy and some other people in the chat room, we thought of a new name:

ChallengedFellowship

It's now changed.

S

soccerboo

yay, thankyou very much Robo!!!!!!

N

Nichole-4-Christ

i like the name challengedfellowship :)