CHanging how people think

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rev_rich

MAt:22:37,40

I beleavie there is to much hate in our world, GOD gave us to take care of. ONE LOVE JESUS and LOVE our neighbour, I go out and see people talking down to others ,one because they are well dressed most likely from a more wealthly family, but that dose not make us better just a sinner, I am so heart broken over the way people treat each other. I have made a study over a five year time and have found our dear Lord Jesus's Word He had left us with, is not being followed. Even in many churches I went in and started to go to. I found that if I drove my new car and dressed well I was well excepted, however if I came to a church in jeans and a nice summer shirt I was not excepted no way as well. what hurt me more is that I found most of the churches I went to were more of a club not what GOD would have it to be. the Pastor of the church should be the leader howerver the people who were on the church boards which just happed to be the most wealthy also ran the church taking away the pastor's righful place to run that church and keep it
following GODS WORD. This was not with all but if we do not do two things how will we hope to do GODS will and if we are not doing his will HE will not know us member or not. ONE LOVE OUR LORD JESUS WITH ALL ARE HEART AND ALL ARE MIND AND PUT NO OTHER IN HIS PLACE, TWO LOVE OUR NEIGHBOUR AS WE WOULD WANT TO BE LOVED. LIKE JESUS SAID IF YOU HAVE TWO SHIRTS< GIVE ONE TO THE ONE THAT HAS NONE.It seems people are more concerned what others think of them in the high sceems of things in sted of doing gods will and LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOUR. DOING THIS YOU ARE ALLREADY DOING GODS WILL>DO NOT JUGDE> This world is becoming a world that our LORD, I belive is becoming more sad with. STOP AND THINK YOUR THINGS WONT GET YOU IN HEVEN OR GOING TO CHURCH IF YOU DO NOT DO GODS WILL.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, what you say is true. But still, God calls us to be witnesses of His love and power.

It's very easy to get discouraged when we see lack of love, love of power and prestige, and just plain meanness. Sometimes, even at church.

I think this is getting even worse in these last days. Yet, we must stand strong in the Lord, brother.

Go to church in your casual clothes and just love them and accept them as your fallen brothers and sisters. Your ability to 'love them anyway' is a powerful testimony. Eventually, a few will become your friends and these will be friends that look past the outward appearance. Be patient :)

The story of Elijah and what he did on Mt. Carmel is fascinating. What is so surprising is Elijah's immense disappointment after the miracle proof of God by His burning up the water-drenched sacrifice in one big zap of His power.

I guess Elijah was discouraged because even after the miracle, Jezebel refused to acknowledge God. Not only did God minister to Elijah in his depressed state, He told him that there were things going on that he did not know....that there was a remnant of believers numbering about 7000.

So even in our discouragement (I'm experiencing some negative stuff at my church right now too :( ), we must continue in the fight with the firm belief that the battle is already won, but there's some clean-up to do..... and that there is always 'a remnant' :)

Elijah and Mt. Carmel: 1 Kings 18 NIV - Elijah and Obadiah - After a long time, - Bible Gateway (to read the whole story use the arrow button at the bottom of the page)