Changing Racist Fish Names

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If fish has scales, it is acceptable under the OT law. Such restrictions no longer apply. I eat shark once a week. It's called flake here to avoid the implications that come with shark. They have to be small, so no, I won't be eating an unfortunate surfer.

We have invasive European carp in Australia. It tastes lousy so it won't fly as human food. It's been used as fertiliser and pet food, but there is far more fish than the market can handle. You may or may not know, Goldfish are a carp variety.
Just change the name, and put it on an exotic gourmet menu, or change the name and put it on the supermarket shelf.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
No. I'm not talking about hotdogs. Obama wrote about eating dog meat in Indonesia. Apparently it's not just in China where they eat man's best friend. Nothing good comes from allowing dog eaters into your neighborhood or into the Presidency. Disgusting, dog eating Obama.
Indonesia had a large Muslim population. Dog's aren't highly praised in Islam.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
What's next? Renaming catfish because it's an offence to dogs? What would you call them?
Well, there is also a genus of Carp known as Black Carp.
Could be just a matter of time before the silly extends in that direction.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Indonesia had a large Muslim population. Dog's aren't highly praised in Islam.
You are right. Dog meat is not "Halal". Dog may be eaten, along with other "Haram" animals, if there is nothing else and the person is starving.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Just change the name, and put it on an exotic gourmet menu, or change the name and put it on the supermarket shelf.
Yes, but do it for the right reason.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The world is ofishially insane. We are seeing the start of time that Paul spoke of, 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11
and/or

Romans 1:22 (NASB) Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
No. I'm not talking about hotdogs. Obama wrote about eating dog meat in Indonesia. Apparently it's not just in China where they eat man's best friend. Nothing good comes from allowing dog eaters into your neighborhood or into the Presidency. Disgusting, dog eating Obama.
Dogs are despised by Muslims and the meat is "Haram" or forbidden. It may be eaten if the person is starving but that's it. How old was Obama when he was Indonesia? He was 10 when he left after 4 years. He attended both Christian and Muslim schools. Dog meat is not on the menu for either. It's God's business to make something out of nothing. When we try it, all we look is stupid.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Dogs are despised by Muslims and the meat is "Haram" or forbidden. It may be eaten if the person is starving but that's it. How old was Obama when he was Indonesia? He was 10 when he left after 4 years. He attended both Christian and Muslim schools. Dog meat is not on the menu for either. It's God's business to make something out of nothing. When we try it, all we look is stupid.

Yes, he ate dog meat. So what? He was a child. He complained that it was tough. I may have eaten cat. I was in Malaysia and I ordered chicken. It looked a bit odd and my friend said that it was cat. It was enough like chicken that I did not complain. If every wrong and foolish that you did was paraded in the public arena, how would you feel?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Been tried. Carp is pretty much inedible. People catch huge amounts, but not because they want to. It's illegal to throw it back and people won't eat it. I suppose cats might, and dogs eat anything.

S

SophieT

well they shouldn't have a problem with Rainbow Trout :whistle:

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
"Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy." Ambrose Bierce

We're witnessing the cultivation of a new generation. A weak minded generation. One who will grow up to think what we older folk are witnessing now is normal and how the world works. And what it means to live in the world as a "well grounded functional adult...."
Who imagines they have the constitutional right to sue if offended.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
well they shouldn't have a problem with Rainbow Trout :whistle:
Oh great! There goes a new idea for the next gay pride parade float. :LOL:

"OUT AND PROUD"
.....suffocating due to oxygen deprivation but proud dang it! PROUD!