Charismatics and Penticostals Need your opinion.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

translation....

"no power" = no signs or wonders, no casting out of demons spiritual warfare, no Joel's army, no dominion on Earth theology, etc.....

kind of makes you miss the good ole days when such manifestations were not needed to have faith and trust in Jesus

for doesn't the Bible say that miracles and speaking in tongues (in the pentecostal day sense) are for NON-believers, why then do supposed believers seek them out every Sunday???....

I believe in the gifts of the Spirit, I just believe we should seek JESUS and show His love to the world not seek "experiences" and our own power.

the Holy Spirit is like the wind, He bestows His gifts as He wills and takes them away as well so that no man may boast but all glorify the workings of GOD not any one person.

Last edited:
N

NoahsMom

I believe in the gifts of the Spirit, I just believe we should seek JESUS and show His love to the world not seek "experiences" and our own power.

the Holy Spirit is like the wind, He bestows His gifts as He wills and takes them away as well so that no man may boast but all glorify the workings of GOD not any one person. You just said a mouthful , Amen.

A

Abiding

Imagine this type of God.

Romans 11:33-36
King James Version (KJV)
33O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

who said this also: For we walk by faith, not by sight.

A

AnandaHya

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

for we know and see only in part and already it is more then our minds can comprehend or mouths speak.

C

Consumed

Heb 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jeremiah 32
27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Jeremiah 33
3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Walking by faith not sight, amen, to exceedingly do more than we ask. :)