Chat down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So it wasn't just me I take it?

That was rather a long down time.
Two days... though I am not sure of the exact time the site went down.

It was down Monday morning, though, and not back until this morning :censored:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Alright, tired of seeing my social life being at the mercy of an unmaintained app so I created a discord server to allow us to keep in touch when chat is broken.

https://discord.gg/F2QxDVEe
Hmm, I haven't used the chat because I don't like how accounts are cross-platform and that I don't think I can create a new "chat-only" account.

I'd be interested in joining a disc. discussion and see if that turns into something. I definitely like the real time "IM" on disc. but I've only used the voice rooms a few times.

Let me know if it ends up being active if you would and if the invite expires at all.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Two days... though I am not sure of the exact time the site went down.

It was down Monday morning, though, and not back until this morning :censored:
Yeah I recall I said I'd post something sunday at the latest but I was too tired (excuse)...kept feeling like I should just get out of bed but eh...I'll do it in the morning.

Nope couldn't...alas.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
i believe I have downloaded it, i might be too old to figure it out.
blessings:unsure::):giggle::coffee:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
i believe I have downloaded it, i might be too old to figure it out.
blessings:unsure::):giggle::coffee:
on a phone it's probably not too great but on a desktop discord is pretty simple for just general chat...like many people being able to instantly reply and see others replies (so and so is typing) (so and so, mcguilicutty, john smith are typing) *waits*...

The mentions, tagging, and learning the terms that are used take a bit of getting used to...and it defaults pretty dark color-wise I think.

Voice chatting is a bit more complex to me though.

The CC app I'll check out as a guest soon if I can if it still works on a desktop.

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Hmm, I haven't used the chat because I don't like how accounts are cross-platform and that I don't think I can create a new "chat-only" account.

I'd be interested in joining a disc. discussion and see if that turns into something. I definitely like the real time "IM" on disc. but I've only used the voice rooms a few times.

Let me know if it ends up being active if you would and if the invite expires at all.
Hello, well there are already 10 people so it is growing pretty fast; not everyone has been talking a lot yet, but in less than a day it was a pretty fast growth. You could join now and see how it goes; would be easyer for me than to track you down when we reach a satisfactory number of people. haha

The cool things about it I think is that it is easyer to share Bible verses and pictures; also you can switch channels without missing out on the conversations. And the fact voice com allow for several mic at once can also offer nice things like singing together and such.

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Oh but seeing as my post disappeared and my signature got removed I gather it is more important that this site get the credit rather than allowing brothers and sisters to fellowship together another way.

The chat isn't even fixed yet and it is more of a priority to delete discord links? Smh.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This site was down so long I thought that I got banned or something....I never got a message saying anything but that isn't exactly uncommon anymore. So I figured that I was banned....but then it came back up and I was allowed access again.

Huh....who knew?

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
I can see your siggy and discord link...
That is because I re-made a signature; as for my discord link on this thread I can not see it anymore, I can see Mil's quotation of my original message but not the original one.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Oh but seeing as my post disappeared and my signature got removed I gather it is more important that this site get the credit rather than allowing brothers and sisters to fellowship together another way.

The chat isn't even fixed yet and it is more of a priority to delete discord links? Smh.
Both the site and chat are built, maintained and updated by one person alone and no one else.
The site has multiple mods. So, yes, it's much easier to remove a post than fix the chat. And since there are No official links to the chat app I'd say it's clear it's not a top priority.
The chat hasn't really worked properly in years anyways.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
That is because I re-made a signature; as for my discord link on this thread I can not see it anymore, I can see Mil's quotation of my original message but not the original one.
Yeah, not sure what that's about. Hopefully a mod can chime in.

I'll check it out sometime this weekend when I get my PC set-up correctly.

Apr 20, 2019
there is no way to get into the chat room from what I understand am I wrong

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Both the site and chat are built, maintained and updated by one person alone and no one else.
The site has multiple mods. So, yes, it's much easier to remove a post than fix the chat. And since there are No official links to the chat app I'd say it's clear it's not a top priority.
The chat hasn't really worked properly in years anyways.
Well I did offer to help with maintaining and fixing the app for free; my post got deleted and I received no answer. So if that one person refuses the help of qualified developer offering to work for free that isn't my fault. :)

The chat is actually the first thing I found; at first I only created an account on the forum to be able to set up a picture for the chat; some of us like this way of interacting; and the name of the forum is "Christian Chat" so it can be a bit misleading if Christian Chat is only about Forum talk and disreguard of Chat room don't you think? :)

ronnie97044

Aug 9, 2017

Well I did offer to help with maintaining and fixing the app for free; my post got deleted and I received no answer. So if that one person refuses the help of qualified developer offering to work for free that isn't my fault. :)

The chat is actually the first thing I found; at first I only created an account on the forum to be able to set up a picture for the chat; some of us like this way of interacting; and the name of the forum is "Christian Chat" so it can be a bit misleading if Christian Chat is only about Forum talk and disreguard of Chat room don't you think? :)
I suggested that a while back about some one willing to fix the chat app that was tech savvy but no response to that suggestion. If the admin is too busy to maintain the app then I say let some one volunteer to do this for the good of the chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

If he refuses help that's his choice.
Never said anything was your fault, I simply explained the way the site functioned.

Yes, the chat Used to be easier to find, but now it's not. Must be for a reason. In the long term the chat being so easy to find was a short bit of time. The sites been up over 20 years. The time a separate chat app was available was only 2-3 years.

I understand some prefer to use chat rooms. I never suggested there was anything wrong with that. In fact when I first joined I only used the chats.

In nearly 10 years of use I've never assumed the name Christian Chat would imply chat rooms. So, no, I don't find it misleading.