chat for mobile

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tranquilchaos

Am curious of the chat rooms on this site work on mobile :?

S

Samohito

I also tried, but seen not work, has to install adobe flash as well..

U

Ugly

Probably not getting much response because no one knows yet. Or few know. The site was overhauled and updated less than a week ago, so no one is really quite sure of all the changes yet. I know Robo said he was working on something for mobile, but don't know if he finished it.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
hmm... i think it would be a great idea to use cc on mobile.

1still_waters

A fully functional chat experience on a mobile device isn't possible as far as I know.
If you have an apple device, you can buy the Photon browser app, and that will allow you to enter chat. You'll be able to see video and hear mic but you won't be able to chat on voice or video. You will be able to text in chat or pm, although it's kinda glitchy.

T

twofeet

Chat on mobile! Oh my word, I would never get any work done in my office! :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

The site is compatible with the Tapatalk app, as far as I recall. You can gain access to CC through your mobile browser, but it needs to support Flash content. Since Flash will no longer be developed nor supported for Android devices per Adobe, Tapatalk will probably be your best option for the Forums, at least.

As far as the chat rooms themselves go, unless you sideload Flash onto your phone (unless your browser supports it), there isn't an alternative for the chat plugin (yet). Maybe a workaround will come around soon!

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Since our site upgrade there is now a mobile web version of the site. If you go to ChristianChat.com on a mobile device it should automatically serve you the mobile version of the site.

The mobile version of the site does not include the chat because currently the chat requires flash. However at the bottom of the page in the mobile version is a link to the Full Site. So if your mobile device supports Flash, you can try it.

But not many mobile devices do support Flash now, and besides that our chat app is not well suited for small screens, and some things like mic and webcam may not work.

So we absolutely are planning to develop a mobile app for the chat, for both iOS and Android. It's a lot of work, and we have many things to do, so as I always say, fund the work and it shall be done.

http://christianchat.com/donate