children with disassociation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Powemm

Medications? God is my therapy , my healer , my counselor , my friend .. He is alpha and omega , all seeing , all knowing , my Heavenly Father .... HOLY HOLY HOLY is He..!!!
the bible should be the only medication available in the pharmacy ... I have seen with my own eyes many healings including my own... we are healed Aline by His stripes ... my scars are absolutely and one hundred percent gone, Elimated by God Himself ... "WHO" do you believe can do
more? Man or almighty God? For we walk in the spirit , not by sight , but by faith ... I will tell any ine at any time under any circumstances ... There isn't a prescription drug made that could heal what God has done ...nit a therapist alive that has ever told me what God has told me ... No not ine is righteous, no not ine ...
Jesus paid a price for a reason ... So by faith we can believe what God has done for is ... So we can walk over Tje very bridge, Jesus Christ, and go directly to the throne of God... he paid our ticket , shed his blood... All so we can.. Every one of us ..
He tells us , come exactly as you are, in all your messed up state and all your messed up stuff .. Nothing is to messed up for me ...nothing!! I am your god , there will be "no gods" before me ...

He makes beauty from ashes ... Redeems us in brokeness .. he makes us pliable to bend and sway as righteous oaks in His loving grace.. To weather storms Wich come up against us ... ...no one can pluck us from His hand ....
first place I came to know God in His word? Psalms 91.
Then I was lead to Isaiah 61 .... I was locked out in storms as a little girl .. With no covering for hours... Everytime the lightning clapped? A huge single tree lit up in the distance in a field ...I was never alone ... God showed
Me things then, to replace the
Memories with now ... A righteous oak.. A display of my fathers splendor ... for His enjoyment ...
With God? What can man do to me?

never discredit what god is doing ...For even the foolishness if Hom is greater than all mans wisdom .. Everything works for his greater good for those who love Him ... The weakness of God is greater than all
Mans strength ...
I can't imagine where I would be today ... What I would be doing, or suffering in ... Had I not believed God ...
save your money , Bring every child before god ... put them on his alter... Hand them back to him... They are his first anyway... have confidence in what He can do over what any man can do ...
Our confidence activated by faith can move mountains!! he did it in mine. He will in everyone else's too...
Have confidence in the Lord... Ask for His help, know that He will... And when waiting, do not faulted in this ... Look up
To the heavens knowing He is orchestrating and bringing all to you... Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you thus says the Lord.. Plans to
Prosper you never harm you.. Plans to bring you a hope and an "expected" future ...
He does exactly as He says ...
Peace in this... Lift it up to God knowing he can do anything with it !! Hallelujah!

P

Powemm

we are the hands and feet, the words, the smiles. The security , the love... We are the " working members in the body of Christ ... It is not us working , but Him.. In all his beauty love security and grace.. Working in and through us till it overflows out of us onto others...
together for His greater good ...

I always said ... If god handed me a
Million dollars ... I would build a home for children to work this part of their life out ...for some reason , the rougher they are the
More I love them ..depression in them? hand it here... Anger there ? come on lets work it out properly...Give a kid a Hammer , some nails, and a board ? Watch what the can do with it ... Watch how
Much is in them trying to get out ... Work it out! They do it enough .. Then pull them all out enough , times will show you a few things ...many holes, just like the ones these kids feel inside them.... they have to be able to recognize what is going on in there.... Spaces god wants to fill up... we all have clogs in us .. It's what's been poured in ... god is like draino ... takes a while ... But man I'm telling you when things of him are poured in ... He works the root out! Removes it! When it starts though sludge comes out first, then a mixture of yuck and good .. Then after a while a steady stream of his
living water...
So pure that when the water sees him... It will absolutely blush!!! ...
it will become a living well that won't be able to help but spill over onto others :)
Gods got yoir back. Always !

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Powemm

If I was in front of you I'd ask .. Where is this
Beautiful child ? Let me give all of you a big fat ((HUG))
and tell you.. It's going to be okay.. Put God in full control ... He's going to do some amazing things with all of it .. It's just nit here YET!

P

Powemm

Please email me anytime ..To talk or just listen ... sort through it in Gods word ... Happy to point you to him any time !!!

B

BarlyGurl

Yahooo...Super AMEN! Next time somebody wants to TRY and defend their world think therapy principals as what heals... I will direct them to Powemm.... she rocks! She KNOWS the same Jesus I know... Yep.

N

needmesomejesus

I feel like medication is a way God uses his people to heal. Medicine is not in any means bad at all,

Dec 26, 2012
When the discussion is centered on children... the solution is rather simple... as Ariel explained.
I have been very recently noticing an alarming trend for these children to have become adults having an obstinate mindset to "marry" psychological diagnosis' to Christian healing principals. "I have to take medication because I was traumatized", " I have emotional problems because I was traumatized", "I am not responsible for my problems because I was traumatized", "I am the innocent victim who was traumatized", "You are victimizing me again by not giving me special treatment because I have been traumatized", "I expect you to pander to my narccisism and overlook my abnormal mental health because I have been traumatized"... ad nauseum. These people are EVERYWHERE... they are not in psychiatric wards... they are walking around, have jobs... work at your grocery store, educate your children, make policy decisions in community and business and VOTE.
Knowing this... I am far more concerned about the social future of humanity... oh wait... God told us... it's going to get worse... yep we are rapidly approaching the last days of the last days. That said... how can those of us awake and aware... help turn the tide for these people who prefer their bondage... since it justifies the carnal and fleshly nature??

But there is one thing that is left out in all of this and it goes to the matter of the heart. We don't want the Lord to truly search our heart and get to the root of the matter. Been there did it. It so easy to throw ourselves a pity party,as if somehow we are the only ones who have been traumatized and we are so misunderstood. Perhaps it's because we get something out of remaining in the misery. We can get attention and when that gets fed over and over again it's so pleasing to the flesh,I've been there. But it allowed me to remain a cripple. It wasn't until I hit a brick wall when I had no friends left because I had sucked them dry,I was faced with the fact I was using them to get the attention I wanted so badly,but it was coming back to bite me in the rear end. See I had to learn that I had nothing to give back,I was a leech in my own self centeredness. In the end I learned that I was abusing others as much as I had been abused,not in the same way mind you,but I was doing it none the less. Did those that were not involved in the abuse deserve that? It was not a whole lot of fun when the Lord opened my eyes on this,because it cut right down to my very core,and got right into the heart of the matter. The therapy never got into that part of it and never will because it's spiritual matter of the heart and only the Lord can see into our hearts,not we ourselves can even begin to understand it. It's not a fun place to look at by any means,but until we let the Lord clean all of the garbage there,we will hold onto the stuff that keeps us a cripple.

element

Jul 12, 2011
I don't think they are demon possessed. It is probably the feeling of disconnection from the rest of the world and society and reality that frustrates them. What they really need is patience, love and support ...close friends that make them feel 'safe enough to re-enter reality'. Problem is that alot of western cultures are very 'individualistic' ..meaning 'your problem is not my problem' ....reminds me abit of cains justification for not loving the brother he murdered.

B

Batman007

I think I can help out here.

I'm 18 and I suffer from disassociation. It was worse when I was younger, because my father was abusive and that was how I coped. After a restraining order and a long legal battle I haven't lived with him since I was 14, and my disassociation has gotten much better.

A lot of the reason was therapy. I found a good therapist (make sure the child has a good therapist if you're going down that road, because it makes all the difference) and with some EMDR and lots of talk therapy, I could recognize when I was disassociating. I'm still struggling to pull myself back to reality when this happens but I'm getting a lot better, and it happens much less often. Honestly without therapy, I have no idea where I'd be right now. I understand that not everybody likes it, but it's definitely worth trying in my opinion.

Don't make your child feel like a freak or weirdo. I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally but they have to feel good about themselves to get better, otherwise in their mind there is no point. Disassociation is not easy to deal with, but it's like depression or ADHD or bipolar disorder or OCD or any other mental disorder. It's not going to be a walk in the park to get through, but it's not something that they necessarily have to deal with forever, and it's definitely not something that has to label them. Talk to your child, be honest.

Now, if they disassociate in front of you a lot it might not be so easy. Of course I don't know everyone's situation, but when I disassociated it was because I was traumatized or something triggered my PTSD. Watch this. Study it. If it happens every time the child sees a certain thing then removing them from the trigger until they can cope is probably a good idea.

I'm not a professional, this is just what I know from my history and lots of therapy and studying psychology. I would seriously encourage seeking out a therapist they can visit on a regular basis.

As for multiple personality disorder (these days called Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID) I wouldn't worry about that. Those cases are extremely rare and many psychologists aren't even sure if it's a real disorder.

Last edited: