Chiropractor?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cairparavel

I've had chronic upper back pain, neck pain, carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, numbness when my wrist/ankle/elbow pops, I have flat feet, and i've even been told I have one leg shorter than the other. So I've been considering finally going to see a chiropractor, but the cheapest one I can possibly afford. Money is tight.

So my question is this: How do I start looking for a good one, or if you guys even believe they help at all? I don't know where to start.. I've been looking at Groupon deals, but as you know when u back to an establishment a second time u will have to pay full price. (I've even considered accupuncture for relief, since i've found a local affordable "group accupuncture clinic," but I'm not sure this method would sit very well with God with all the energy Chi thing.)

Any thoughts or advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

M

mamacatof3

What about a physical therapist? They do adjustments, too, just more slowly and by different methods. (So says the one my daughter was seeing.) They have done her a lot of good with a couple of injuries. I wonder if insurance would cover them more easily. I know different chiropractors are very different from each other. I would start askiing friends and acqaintances to make recommendations. I would ask them what they like about their chiropractor. I would contact one I liked the sound of and ask about their payment policy. Who knows? They may work on a sliding scale or something. I don't know much about acupuncture. I hope you find just the right fit for you. (By the way, my husband just found out his right leg is almost a half inch shorter than his left. The physical therapist is having him put a lift in his shoe and, little by little, work up to the correct height.)

C

Cairparavel

I went to a physical therapist from my hmo who showed me some exercises to do at home to help with my popping shoulder. It seemed to help a little, but not the pain overall my whole body. I suspect that I might have some kind of arthitis, but not sure...i've never been diagnosed. As far as recommendations go, i don't have any friends or aquaintances to ask. I am suspicious of just jumping on a Groupon deal. Maybe if i pray about it, God will lead me to the right one. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I've had chronic upper back pain, neck pain, carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, numbness when my wrist/ankle/elbow pops, I have flat feet, and i've even been told I have one leg shorter than the other. So I've been considering finally going to see a chiropractor, but the cheapest one I can possibly afford. Money is tight.

So my question is this: How do I start looking for a good one, or if you guys even believe they help at all? I don't know where to start.. I've been looking at Groupon deals, but as you know when u back to an establishment a second time u will have to pay full price. (I've even considered accupuncture for relief, since i've found a local affordable "group accupuncture clinic," but I'm not sure this method would sit very well with God with all the energy Chi thing.)

From what you have described about yourself, it seems a chiropractor would benefit you. They have helped me a lot.
Here it cost 50.00 for first visit, then 40.00 after. A more experienced one might be best.

jb

Feb 27, 2010

Chiropractic will certainly help with the back/neck pain, and it is very possible that your arm/wrist problems are from your neck problem, as the nerve supply for arms/hands comes from the Cervical spine.

Flat feet is very often caused by a weak muscle, the Tibialis Anterior...

Your are in your early 40s so I would reckon that these musculo/skeletal problems are probably not from mechanical/inflammatory arthritis but from your spinal problems, possibly a bit of tendonitis as well (tennis elbow). The carpel tunnel syndrome (if that is what it is) is simply compression of the Median nerve at the carpel tunnel (by inflamation), Chiropractic treatment may not deal with this, you might need a steroid injection into it...

"Does Chiropractic work"?...the simple answer is "Yes it does"!

Acupuncture is absolutely fine (espeially good for dealing with pain), but I would go and see a Chiropractor first...try and find somebody who has gone to one and can recommend them.

Also get your Pastors/Elders to anoint you with oil and pray for you for healing. James 5v13-18

Yahweh Shalom...