Cholesterol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Poinsetta, my cholesterol went up to about 212 and my doctor prescribed a Statin for me (Lipitor, I believe). I never found out whether it worked or not, because it caused such great pain in my hips and knees that I couldn't walk across a flat floor in my home. So, I tried cutting back on cholesterol-laden foods, but I had little success with that.

Then I found a product at a health food store called "Fundamental Bergamot" that my doctor recommended. After taking 2 pills a day for about 4 weeks (with ZERO side effects, I am happy to report), my cholesterol dropped from 210 to 148, and that w/o maintaining a low cholesterol diet.

I'm still taking it today, of course. Maybe it will work for you too?

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - if you want to try it but cannot find it, let me know and I'll give you the address of the store that I get it from (as I believe they have a web address that you can order from and have it shipped to wherever you are).

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
One boxed cereal said they use brown sugar, I dont think brown sugar is the total answer to why they put it in cereal food, just a slight improvement over the white poison variation, but I do not need to improve my immune sustem, just make not to spoil it.
brown sugar is only white refined sugar with molasses poured on it. everybody, eat Sucanat which is sugar cane in the natural state, otherwise know as raw sugar.

May 27, 2023
brown sugar is only white refined sugar with molasses poured on it. everybody, eat Sucanat which is sugar cane in the natural state, otherwise know as raw sugar.
tell me something new

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Any tips for lowering Cholesterol? turns out coffee and the creamer I use raised my cholesterol levels, now I'm on a diet eating just fruits and veggies with water. Once I feel better I can turn to normal eating but I'm gonna have to put away my homemade coffee, so I can just drink Starbucks or from other outside sources.

on a side note: my doctor needs to understand that he cannot add me more medicine because my body responds in a negative way and then I get allergies. My other doctor explained to me that I can only take so much and nothing more. Anyway, thanks for coming to my rant.
Exercise.
Exercise is the best cholesterol lowering device....better than any pill or diet. Them pills really are not good for you and Bacon Cheeseburgers are good for fixing the hungries....you know when your belly is on your backbone.

I've had them doctors say something about my 350mdl before....but I finally got in to see them because I'd been on the couch for a while.
They about a heart attack from seeing my numbers. They put me on a super strict diet and gave me pills. They checked a month later (I'd been trapped behind a desk all month) and gave me an even more strict diet and to double them pills and if I so much smelled a beer....I'd lose my liver.

So....I looked at the prescription and thought about the cardboard I was gonna eat all month.....
I thew it all in the nearest trashcan and got me a bacon cheeseburger and tossed the pills away while washing it down with a beer.

May 27, 2023
Exercise.
Exercise is the best cholesterol lowering device....better than any pill or diet. Them pills really are not good for you and Bacon Cheeseburgers are good for fixing the hungries....you know when your belly is on your backbone.

I've had them doctors say something about my 350mdl before....but I finally got in to see them because I'd been on the couch for a while.
They about a heart attack from seeing my numbers. They put me on a super strict diet and gave me pills. They checked a month later (I'd been trapped behind a desk all month) and gave me an even more strict diet and to double them pills and if I so much smelled a beer....I'd lose my liver.

So....I looked at the prescription and thought about the cardboard I was gonna eat all month.....
I thew it all in the nearest trashcan and got me a bacon cheeseburger and tossed the pills away while washing it down with a beer.
wow !
LDL cholesterol: 350 mg/dL = 9.05 mmol/L that is high
I read drinking more water can reduce cholesterol, So religiously I refused to eat any meal unless I had a glass of water half a hour beforehand, there was no difference at all, but then most of the time I have only been borderline fail. Maybe if it was a lot higher it might worked.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
wow !
LDL cholesterol: 350 mg/dL = 9.05 mmol/L that is high
I read drinking more water can reduce cholesterol, So religiously I refused to eat any meal unless I had a glass of water half a hour beforehand, there was no difference at all, but then most of the time I have only been borderline fail. Maybe if it was a lot higher it might worked.
I quit worrying about it.
I might end up with stints or a bypass one day...but until then I'm just gonna be me.

Actually I took another test a year later and it was well below 200....because I was exercising then and a lot more active. I definitely had not changed diets....if anything it was worse.

But the exercise dropped it to under 200.
And some people (like me) have naturally high cholesterol. The pills did nothing. The diet did nothing. Exercise did. I tried some of the new statins....made me feel like crap. So I dumped them and went out and mowed the lawn.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Any tips for lowering Cholesterol? turns out coffee and the creamer I use raised my cholesterol levels, now I'm on a diet eating just fruits and veggies with water. Once I feel better I can turn to normal eating but I'm gonna have to put away my homemade coffee, so I can just drink Starbucks or from other outside sources.

on a side note: my doctor needs to understand that he cannot add me more medicine because my body responds in a negative way and then I get allergies. My other doctor explained to me that I can only take so much and nothing more. Anyway, thanks for coming to my rant.
Take plenty of ginger (no added sugar or other chemicals). This should lower your cholesterol. Find an alternative to statins or I believe they will kill you.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
I take a supplement called "Heart Savior" (cool name) which has dropped my cholesterol into the normal range. DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor nor do I work for the FDA and make no medical claims.