choosing to remain single

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

abcdefg

I don't know if there are already threads on this subject but i thought good to bring it up to be considered.
Each of us has a different walk with Jesus , not all will marry... or stay single for that matter. But , at least this is my impression and experience, i notice that today much more emphasis is put on praying for a partner to come along. Having it established in your heart that you wish to remain single shouldn't be seen like you are "missing out". Every person has a unique history,a context but it's often not taken into account and peer pressure, influences, even if well meaning can make you force your way against the one God has for you. Marriage is a blessing, but not all will marry, singleness is also a blessing as i see it,not all will remain single.

Last edited:
M

Maddog

Hear, hear.

U

Ugly

I don't know that there's been a full thread on this, but it has come up numerous times in other threads. I think the majority of people on here accept the idea of choosing to remain single if thats what a person desires to do. I've heard there are people out there that place an unusual amount of importance on marriage, though i'd have to say, in my life, those people have been rare. Seems that most people i've met accept the idea that a person may choose to be single.

F

FireWire

I chose to be single and I'm happy with that. I've seen few strong marriages. I have no desire to have children anyway so it would be pointless to change the status quo.

T

Timofree

I don't desire to remain single, but if it's God's will, His grace is mooooooooore than enough, for every situation!!
The way I look at it, there are far to many people going to a lost eternity for me to sweat too much over finding the right woman..........seek first His Kingdom, and the desires of your heart (according to His will, will be added to you).

If Jesus comes back, or I die before finding 'the one', praise the Lord it's going to be so glorious I won't care........but I need to keep reminding myself of this :)