Christian book

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reader

Has anyone heard of that new web site http:www.helpwriteanovelsite.com ? The author is writing a story called Dry Wood Burning about a man with a unique view of Christianity and the controversy that surrounds him. I have seen some previews of what he has written that is not yet on his site. Anyway, the site asks for input on writing the novel through chat, responses to his blog and discussion points. He even has a program where you can actually write passages of the novel. One preview he showed me is particularly good and I wish I could show it here, but it is to long. Does anyone know where I might post it for all to see? It concerns the Holy Trilogy and the nature of God's love.

R

reader

Oh, he said I could share the passage because he wants feedback on it.

R

reader

The religious leader looked at Keith scornfully, and asked “ You say you teach God’s word? What do you know of God? Have you graduated from a Seminary? Are you an ordained minister?”
“No”, said Keith, “But I can read. The Word of Christ, with the trials of life, teach me all I need to now about God’s love.”
“Then tell me this, Holy Profit” the evangelist mocked, “ what is the meaning of the Holy Trilogy, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, if God is one? Answer me this and show me you have some knowledge of the nature of God!”
“Very well”, said Keith, “but first you must show me you have knowledge of the nature of God’s love. I will answer your question if you answer mine.”
“I can answer anything you can dream up”, said the evangelist arrogantly. “Ask away.”
Keith stood up leaned forward towards his tormentor, and looked him in the eye.
“Suppose you are walking down the streets of Mumbai in India. On a corner you see a small Hindu child singing for money, his eyes burned out with acid by his enslavers because blind, singing children earn more. How would you show him God’s love?”
The evangelist was shocked, “That’s not fair, it is not a scholarly question. We are talking about the nature of God here, not unfortunate children in India.”
“What good is all the mysticism that you study in your books, if it does not teach you to apply God’s Word to the real world?”, asked Keith.
“The question is irrelevant”, said the evangelist, “the child isn’t even Christian. He’s Hindu. You said so yourself.”
“A mother the child barely remembers once told him he was Hindu, but he does not know what that means. You say he is irrelevant? If God notes the falling of even a sparrow that does not know of the faiths of men, how can you say the suffering of this child is irrelevant to him? How you would treat this child, who is the least among us, is how you would treat God. So how will you treat him?”
The evangelist was shaken, and was beginning to sweat. He looked nervously around him at the faces watching him and waiting for his answer. “I don’t know”, he said. “I suppose I will tell him that I would pray for him, maybe give him a candy bar. I don’t know, I don’t have the resources to help all the children like him.”
“If you accept the Word, then you have all the resources of Heaven at your disposal”, said Keith.
The evangelist grew angry, “Alright, your so smart. I bet you don’t have an answer for the child. How would YOU show him God’s love?!”
Keith sat back in his chair. “Very well”, said Keith, “I will answer both questions, yours and mine, since they are really one in the same.”
“What?”, exclaimed the evangelist. “What on earth do you mean by that?!”
Keith ignored him and continued. “Whether you are discussing His love in practical application, or theological study, the nature of God is in his love and it is what it is. To truly understand the theology you must understand its application. If you do not know how to apply the theology, you cannot claim to understand it. The study of the theology alone does not make you a man of God, nor does preaching it. What makes you a man of God is applying it.” Keith stopped and took a deep breath.
“You are correct that you, alone as an individual, do not have the resources to make everything that is wrong in that child’s physical life right. But the Holy Spirit does not necessarily work through physical means. The Father loves the child and wants him to have some joy in his life. The Son through his Word directs that you cannot ignore him and leave him to suffer. Give him a piece of the Holy Ghost. Sit down and speak with him. Get to know him. Make him laugh, feed him. Tell him stories of happy things and places and give him happy things that he can think of when he is not begging, to distract him from his misery. Tell him of God and of Heaven. Give him faith. But don’t stop there. When you leave the child, find out what the government may be doing to help children like him and how you can help. Find out if there are any other groups working to help children like him and what you can do. If you find none, organize one. Then, visit the child and his friends as often as you can. Give them something to look forward to, but do not promise more than you know you can deliver. Try to find others who can visit the child and his friends when you cannot. For it is the Father who is the creator of all who loves all, and all was created through his Word, the Son, which tells us of his love and we engage the Spirit of the Lord when we practice his Word and that is the Holy Spirit and together they are one, for God is one, the one true God.”
The evangelist shook his head with a mocking smile. “You ask a lot of me for one unfortunate child.”
“Do I?”, asked Keith. “Would you do less for the Christ child? For as I have said before, the Word teaches us that what we would do to the least among us we do to God. If you are so worried about how you spend your valuable time, remember you cannot give God’s love without self sacrifice, and if you cannot sacrifice of yourself, you cannot be a man of God.”
“So the nature of God’s love is sacrifice, according to you”, scuffed the evangelist.
“It starts with sacrifice. If you give only what is convenient, then what have you given? You must give something of yourself or you give nothing. The Father gave us his only son for sacrifice, have you given more? If you sacrifice unconditionally, you give the miracles of God’s love. You give dignity to those who may have had none, for how can you have no dignity if someone loves you? You give hope, because how can you be alone if you know someone cares? You receive gratification, for how can you feel empty if you have given such a gift? Best of all, you have perpetuated God’s love, for those who receive it want to spread it themselves. And that is the true nature of the Father’s love, for although it originates with the Father, the Holy Spirit is spread through the deeds of his children who keep the Son and his Word, in their hearts.
“I….I don’t know what to say”, muttered the evangelist.
“It is not necessary for you to say anything”, said Keith, “just rededicate yourself to living the Word and not just preaching it. Only then can you understand what you preach. Do that one thing, and you will truly be born again. Now, will you pray with me? Our Father, who art in Heaven…”
“hallowed be thy name”, joined in the evangelist who knelt on one knee and the crowd that was present. They continued until the prayer was complete, and then were silent in contemplation.

R

reader

I apologize. The margins and paragraughs got messed up when I pasted this passage of the book in here, and I could not edit it within the time limit.

N

NazariteNation

sounds cool...

I'm a writer myself. I'll have to check it out...

R

Rosinsky

NazariteNation,

Have you written any books or published anything? Reason I ask is just about completed with a series of six books that will soon be published. IF you have published anything, could you let me know what publisher(s) have you used and how was your experience with it/them. You could send me a PM if this is a private matter.

P.S. I am looking for credible Christian publishers.

Thanks!

R

reader

Sorry, I haven't yet published anything. My friend hasn't either. The reason he created this site, http://www.helpwriteanovelsite.com is so that he could attract interest and show a publisher that his work is marketable. He also wants input from many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.