Christian hip hop worship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Maxx116

OK so yeah 1st thread on here...
BUT something that i don't get in main stream worship is the sissy lyrics....
We're is the warrior? the true manly power that God flows with in Regal Awesomeness??
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can understand why there is a highier percentage of females in the church then males...all the songs are chick flick material (yes God is Beautiful and wonderful and lovely...but thats not all he is)

Hip hop has some of the most powerful lyrics I've ever come across such as Lecrea and Trip lee, Clique 116 hit the Raw strength of God I felt when I first became a Christian at the heart.
So yeah here are some titles to check out and please let me know your thought :)

1- Move by Flame
2- Rebel by Lecrae
3- The whole truth by Da' T.R.U.T.H. ft Mia Fieldes
4- Church Clap by KB ft. Lecrae
5- Lord Have Mercy by Lecrae ft. Tedashii
6- Im Good Trip Lee ft. Lecrae
7- City on our knees by Toby Mac
8- Take Every Part of Me KJ-52 ft. Ayie

J

Jordache

You are correct. God is powerful and deserves to be recognized as such, but I doubt if That is the main reason men aren't in church. :).

M

Maxx116

You are correct. God is powerful and deserves to be recognized as such, but I doubt if That is the main reason men aren't in church. :).
not the main reason i agree but talking with guy mates, it did add to it...they felt like they couldn't really join in with the worship due to majority female singers make the pitch quite high, and just werent feelin the songs. however thats some views, anyone else got any others?

M

Maxx116

THIS IS EPIC!!! :D

Feb 11, 2012
If these professing Christian bands preached the truth, instead of mimicking the worlds music, then they would not be popular. You don't need a worldly band to get you fired up for God, you need to repent, and seek His praise as you stand against the false ways and the worldly lukewarm entertainments polluting the professing Christian world today.
Worship God by preaching the truth, and walking a holy life praising and worship Him with your life, and your holy conduct, not following these Christian rock bands that have a form of godliness but deny its power, they try to copy the worldly bands, so you will buy thier music, you should be standing against it, but not many will count the cost to walk the narrow road to the cross!
Whom are we to praise?
Joh 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

This powerful verse truly explains why many in the church system today, seek the praise of men over the praise of God!
Praise:
G1391
δόξα
doxa
dox'-ah
From the base of G1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honor, praise, worship!
Many will fight tooth and nail for the truth they know, and then quote many reformed preachers, and religious leaders who teach many errors that take away from the pure word once delivered to the saints.
By agreeing with these errors, and not even taking the time to make sure they are not seeking the praise of men, they will never receive the praise of God!
God rewards those who diligently seek Him, who worship Him in spirit and truth, and gives them strength and guidance if they do not transgress and abide in doctrines of men!
I see it all the time, coming from the professing Christian world, defending their saved In sin gospel by following the likes of Calvin, Luther, Spurgeon, and then blend in many pagan teachings such as original sin, made famous by Heretic Augustine. With no concern for truth, they seek the praise of men, who are their pastor’s, and spiritual leaders who have a form of godliness but deny its power, IF they build their church foundation on these doctrines of men.
Many will profess to me that their beloved pastor and church preaches truth, and do not see any errors in their teachings and ways, but it doesn’t take a genius to dig a bit as commanded, test the spirits as commanded, and search the scriptures as commanded, to see their core beliefs are built on original sin, followed by many forms of substitution, leading to OSAS, pre forgiveness of sins, and many more false doctrines of mere men.
I say wake up, do not give praise to these men who may seem sincere, but they themselves are giving praise to man, as they promote their man formed doctrine’s, that totally obliterate any real repentance and faith, such as the sin stopping in repentance, not after, and having an obedient working faith built in love, fear and devotion for God, giving Him the praise and seeking His truth that was built on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ!
Sound doctrine produces a sound mind, free of error, willing to learn and be corrected, a teachable saint, worthy of their calling, and most of all never arguing in favor of sin!
Rom 3:4 Let it not be! But let God be true, and every man a liar; as it is written, "That You might be justified in your sayings, and will overcome when you are judged."
Tommy 12-29-12

X

xxchristian777xx

yeah im in church to get the word i i mean im all about hip hop and i listen to trip and lecrae matter of fact i even write hip hop songs but i dont go to church to listen to hip hop ,rap contemporary i go to get the word praise and worship God and fellowship with other believers personally so for me it has nothing to do with the genre of music i could care less its all about God.

R

rd1981

I don't have my own collection of current songs, but I did check out Lacrae's Church Clothes mix tape last year, it was pretty good.

M

meggars

If these professing Christian bands preached the truth, instead of mimicking the worlds music, then they would not be popular. You don't need a worldly band to get you fired up for God, you need to repent, and seek His praise as you stand against the false ways and the worldly lukewarm entertainments polluting the professing Christian world today

So are you saying the use of music in church is wrong in general? Because if you look at church music through history you will find it has usually been birthed from or at least been created similarly to the popular music of the time. Many hymns are just new lyrics put to music that had been initially written as bar songs.

Dec 25, 2012
Music tastes vary and we all have different tastes. How boring would it be if we were all the same. God created us all different on purpose.

Psalm 150
1 Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the heavens of His power!
2 Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness!
3 Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with tambourine and [single or group] dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments or flutes!
5 Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)