christian in jail

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
my friend who is a christian is in jail for hitting someone. when do you believe as a christian it is okay to hit someone? my friend is considered mentaly disabled but i personaly do not believe christians can be mentaly disabled because jesus gives us a sound mind. he does come from a violent background. he was in a gang before he became a christian but the bible says all things are new when we are born again. does anyone know how long he could be in jail for assault?

May 18, 2011
my friend who is a christian is in jail for hitting someone. when do you believe as a christian it is okay to hit someone? my friend is considered mentaly disabled but i personaly do not believe christians can be mentaly disabled because jesus gives us a sound mind. he does come from a violent background. he was in a gang before he became a christian but the bible says all things are new when we are born again. does anyone know how long he could be in jail for assault?
When you come from such a violent back ground, and get backed into a corner, so to speak. Sometimes you just react without thinking. It simple can be he made a mistake by letting himself give in to anger. As all of us, sometimes we just blow it.

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
Christians can indeed have mental illness and short tempers. We're not perfect, but we do strive to be perfect even if we fail.

Even among some of the most famous Christians in history there are some instances where their temper gets the best of them. St. Nicholas once socked the heretic Arius in the mouth because Arius denied that Jesus was God. He apologized later, but it does go to show that even the most holy of us are still human too. The best thing to do for your friend is to be supportive, encourage him to deal with his anger, and if he messes up in his walk with Christ, help him up off his feet, dust him off, and encourage him to keep on it. :)

K

keshka

I don't see why the mentally disabled can't be Christians also. As long as you have faith in the Lord, you are a Christian.

I would suggest it would be okay to hurt someone only in self-defence, or to save others from harm - as a last resort.

Coming from a violent background is no excuse for committing a crime. We must take responsibility for our own actions.

Dec 19, 2009
I think it’s okay to defend one’s self or those one cares about.

Dec 19, 2009
None of us is perfect, so a Christian could be mentally disabled. We have retarded people in our church. They are a great blessing.

M

MaggieMye

Your friend needs to be delivered of a spirit of anger.

Maggie

V

virteous_man

Christians can indeed have mental illness and short tempers. We're not perfect, but we do strive to be perfect even if we fail.

Even among some of the most famous Christians in history there are some instances where their temper gets the best of them. St. Nicholas once socked the heretic Arius in the mouth because Arius denied that Jesus was God. He apologized later, but it does go to show that even the most holy of us are still human too. The best thing to do for your friend is to be supportive, encourage him to deal with his anger, and if he messes up in his walk with Christ, help him up off his feet, dust him off, and encourage him to keep on it. :)
I agree with Dscherck 100%