Christian Metal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yeah. I never got that into it... although I liked one Judas Priest albums. I also respected Metallica... but never got into them much. The only songs I enjoyed were the two songs that put most metal fans in an uproar... "Nothing Else Matters" and "Unforgiven." What can I say? Never been a huge fan of what was truly metal.
Everyone has their own tastes. I've never been a big fan of the AOR/rock stuff, but there have been some exceptions. I used to listen to some old Petra, Novella, Siloam. A few bands like that. But I've had a natural penchant for heavier music. Though I still love some 80s hair bands. That's my roots.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
And heaven HELP you if you say a song is in one class when someone else thinks it belongs in a different subgenre. People get real uptight about their metal categories, I have found out. Almost like people who argue over what a geek is and what a nerd is.

Oddly I like Whiteheart and don't like Petra. But that's something else people will lambast you for, so... Moving on now.
Geeks and nerds argue those differences. Metal heads argue genre. And techies argue Windows and Linux and Apple. Christians argue denomination and theology. I could go on. But one thing remains the same amongst them all. People get real uptight about their view and lambast opposing views. Doesn't matter what the topic is, on the outside it's all the same result.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Geeks and nerds argue those differences. Metal heads argue genre. And techies argue Windows and Linux and Apple. Christians argue denomination and theology. I could go on. But one thing remains the same amongst them all. People get real uptight about their view and lambast opposing views. Doesn't matter what the topic is, on the outside it's all the same result.
I swear I've heard this before...

1000015044.png

Our brains only have one scale. We resize our experiences to fit.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It all sounds like screamo to me. Oh, and get off my lawn.
No worries. I got you covered. Got some Gold City, Cathedrals, Hinsons, etc. in my collection.

Or some Walter Hawkins and Andre Crouch, if that's what you're into. Whatever. I got all styles covered in my collection.

And my ball went into the vacant lot next door. I swear. I never touched your yard.