christian metal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

celticweb

Does anyone here like decypher-down? I grew up when the only christian metal band was Stryper.... lol

Z

zaoman32

they're decent, I wouldn't call them metal though.

C

celticweb

Metal in my day was iron maiden, judas priest etc... I guess Im old lol... decypher really grabbed my attention though... great lyrics

Z

zaoman32

There's still some christian bands like the ones you mentioned. Theocracy is pretty new and very good. Narnia has been around for some time, and also very good. Both have really good and bold christian lyrics to.

I only have one Decypher Down album, but the songs on it that I do like, I really like.

U

Ugly

Christian metal can be traced back at least as far as 1983. But obviously these were not mainstream releases. And before that there was of course the rock bands. We have a thread already open on Christian metal if you haven't found it yet, join in.