Christian Ministry A Domestic "Hate Group" Says US Army

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

The US Army has labeled a Christian ministry as a domestic hate group.

Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values.

The briefing was held at Camp Shelby in Mississippi and listed the AFA alongside domestic hate groups like the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam.

US Army defines Christian ministry as 'domestic hate group' | Fox News

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
They were already classified as terrorists for being Christian so... :p

But I have to say that this is where misquotes will take the masses opinions into hate against Christianity... They try to say we hate a certain group or another because of what they do... And they insinuate that we are better then them... When they fail to realize that we are all of the same kin, we are all sinners... But I suppose that true Christianity would not be great to publicize because many more would join Christianity then oppose it...

I am also in an astonishment that the U.S. Military allows known gang members, which are known for hate and violence.. But they disprove of Jesus...

Mar 7, 2013
They fill every requirement for a hate group.

You should all look deeper into this group. This isn't a Christian ministry.
Believing and preaching something is one thing, they actively spread known falsities and lies to further their agenda. There's a BIG difference and they should be ashamed of themselves for using a "Christian" label for themselves. In my eyes, they're as bad as the Westboro Baptist Church and any other group that bastardizes Christianity for political gain.

Jul 25, 2005
They fill every requirement for a hate group.

You should all look deeper into this group. This isn't a Christian ministry.
Believing and preaching something is one thing, they actively spread known falsities and lies to further their agenda. There's a BIG difference and they should be ashamed of themselves for using a "Christian" label for themselves. In my eyes, they're as bad as the Westboro Baptist Church and any other group that bastardizes Christianity for political gain.
Even if this were the case, they wouldn't deserve to be flagged by the military. Yeah, the Westboro Church is full of moonbats who misrepresent Christianity, but that does not give the US government license or reason to flag them as a potential terrorist group.

The truth is, they can say almost anything they wish. It may be false. It may hurt people's sensibilities, but it is not sufficient reason for the Army to remain on the alert concerning their activities.

J

jimmydiggs

I really feel like sometimes our fasco-liberal counterparts are just short of advocating rounding up all non-registered democrats and throwing them in a boat, sending them to madagascar and being gone with them just like what was supposed to happen with another group from European history.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I personally think liberals are a hate group, but thats just me.

J

jimmydiggs

I really feel like sometimes our fasco-liberal counterparts are just short of advocating rounding up all non-registered democrats and throwing them in a boat, sending them to madagascar and being gone with them just like what was supposed to happen with another group from European history.
Realized the bolded portion is misleading compared to what I wanted to say.

What I intended and wanted to say was that, I think if they could they would round up everyone who isn't a registered democrat, so independents, Republicans, and registered third party voters.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I've never liked the AFA or their stances on things, so I'm ok with this? We need less tightwad evangelists in christianity. At least now when people are like but AFA christian why dont you think like them I can say because they are a domestic hate group even the military says so... boom one less embarrassment to have to deal with as a believer.

Mar 1, 2012
I do not know of the AFA but calling a christian group a hate group...well...who is the Commander-in-Chief?

Mar 7, 2013
I do not know of the AFA but calling a christian group a hate group...well...who is the Commander-in-Chief?
They're a group that GROSSLY misrepresents Christianity and uses blatant lies and non-facts to further their political agenda.

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, I think this is maybe a TAD fear-mongering.
I'm not advocating ANY kind of silencing of free speech, but there's a difference between letting people talk and NOT arguing back. Freedom of speech also gives others the right to tell them why they're wrong and hurting Christianity with their hateful tactics.

They're literally the definition of a hate group. If you replaced "gay" with "black" you'd all be in an uproar about what they were suggesting.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
"If you aren't a liberal at 20 you have to heart. If you aren't a conservative at 40 you have to brain." -Winston Churchhill

Jul 25, 2005
The real argument here does not seem to be the status of the AFA so much as it is whether or not the military should be targeting "hate groups" that pose no physical threat to the citizenry or the US government.