Christian Questions!

• Thread starter inquisitivelove
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

inquisitivelove

Ask your questions here. Get answers from other Christians.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
??? You do know we have several boards for that express purpose, and hundreds of threads on each board doing just that?

Anyway, welcome to CC...........

M

Mybrokenlessthenthree

Okay I have a question, I love God, and but my body loves the world. Sometimes I sin, because I take my eyes off God, and sin... But then I get back up and follow,

Anyhow upon my recent studies I'm faced with a challenging question...

Imagine you’re a Christian photography and a lesbian comes to you and asks you to shoot for their wedding, and so do you use your talent to bless people, but God made a marriage as a union of a man and woman. So you can’t escape the thought you’d participate and violate your conscience, but you say no… then imagine your surprise when you’re being sued for your decision. This instance has happened and the court ruled against the photography “violated new Mexico human rights act in same way if it refused to photography of different races”
One justice wrote “compelled by law to compromise religious beliefs”
Court - “channel conduct as to leave space for citizens who believe other religions”
Many pharmacies doctors and other services are forced to doing things that are compromising their faith,
We need to be alarmed… (do we?)
This is an important issue because in a democratic government like ours we are responsible to protect our rights, But you say we should be like Jesus, and without question we do need to be like Jesus but we need to realize that we are not just Jesus we are pilot because we are also people who are in the position to speak out and stand up, in a Democratic government.
We need think about this to make sure we are not the persecutors
1 peter 2:13-17
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, [SUP]14 [/SUP]or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. [SUP]15 [/SUP]For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor
Matthew 22:21
[SUP]21 [/SUP]They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

[h=1]Romans 13:1-7New International Version (NIV)[/h]13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. [SUP]7 [/SUP]Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
1 peter 3
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? [SUP]14 [/SUP]But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats[SUP][[/SUP][SUP]b[/SUP][SUP]][/SUP]; do not be frightened.”[SUP][[/SUP][SUP]c[/SUP][SUP]][/SUP] [SUP]15 [/SUP]But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, [SUP]16 [/SUP]keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. [SUP]18 [/SUP]For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body

I would say I'm in a crisis of faith, and it all boils down to do i believe this book, but I don't know what to believe, because I don't know how to decipher what it is saying

Questions

1) (Should we submit to a government that commands us to sin?)
Should we submit as Jesus, turn the other check, But do we turn the other check when it's sin? This is to say, should we pay taxes to a government that passes law mandating sin? And if we rebel are we walking like Jesus which, 1 john 2:6, says we should. We preach about standing in the fire and not bowing down to false Gods, but "For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer"

2) Is it our job to speak and say this is wrong, as followers of Christ we are to be Christ like, so what would Jesus really do if are country endorsed sin?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
so wait...you made one thread to encompass 90% of the purpose of this entire website?