Christian Songs from a Bygone Era

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
I wanted to share some old and classic favorites from (not too long ago).

I find this music ushers in the presence of God like nothing else.

I hope it blesses your heart. I remember hearing this music when I was a child and being in awe of it.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
Aystin Miles composedboth "In the Garden" and "Dwelling in Beulah Land," both of which have the most beautiful poetic lyrics of any traditional hymn. When I was a Methodist pastor in a traditional church, I felt the need for a livelier traditional hymn to supplement our Hymn book . So I went for a long walk in the country, meditating on what to do. Suddenly the words of an old hymn I'd only heard once 30 years prior were sung in my head! When I then introduced "Dwelling in Beulah Land to my congregation, the effect was electrifying, partly because our pianist was an accomplished jazz musician. Here are just the first 2 verses:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...550ECFBCEAFFCB397E64550ECFBCEAFFCB3&FORM=VIRE

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
Taking a walk down memory lane, does anyone remember this song?

TXorchid

Feb 12, 2019
I came after the 1960-1970's Jesus Movement, but thanks to the internet, I discovered Nancy Honeytree. Does anyone want to give love to this movement's First Lady? This was the first song of hers that I ever heard, Pioneer. Hope it blesses you!

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I came after the 1960-1970's Jesus Movement, but thanks to the internet, I discovered Nancy Honeytree. Does anyone want to give love to this movement's First Lady? This was the first song of hers that I ever heard, Pioneer. Hope it blesses you!

Quite lovely. Thanks

U

UnderGrace

The one and only Keith Green. For us gone to soon.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
here is a good one to keep in your heart, to sing :)

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019

My spiritual journey started in early 1970's.
- During "Jesus Movement"..
---
Pioneer is one of my favorite songs.
Rick Pino used same/similar lyrics to sing that song again.