One of my most viewed blogs is entitled "Christianity & Islam." In it, I mentioned how a local Christian church building turned into an Islamic Center. I also shared my dismay at the removal of the cross. In this blog, I want to explain why the Muslims removed the cross with a brief comparison of the two religions.
The Muslims I know are very agreeable in general and will not argue most points of the Bible. Many even believe in Mary's virgin birth (although they do not believe Jesus is the Son of God). However, there is a sharp conflict when it comes to the history of Christ and the cross.
Muslims do not believe Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead. They believe He was spared death and taken up to heaven. To them, the cross has no saving power since they do not believe a sacrifice was ever made on it. To us, Christ's death on the cross was the sacrifice that saves us from sin. Christ's resurrection guarantees we too will be raised up from the dead. Therefore, the cross is the cornerstone and symbol of our faith, yet it is insignificant in Islam.
I hope this simple blog helps you to share the gospel with Muslims you meet. No worries—the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say.
Luke 12:11-12 "And when they bring you before the synagogues, and the rulers, and the authorities, be not anxious how or what ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: for the Holy Spirit shall teach you in that very hour what ye ought to say."