"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe." --Proverbs 18:10
Recently, a small neighborhood church in my area became an Islamic Center. Much to my dismay, one of the first changes I noticed was the cross removal. On the one hand, the cross triggers my own sorrow as I consider Christ's pain, agony, and humiliation. Yet on the other hand, it fills my heart with gratitude as I remember He suffered for our reconciliation with God.
Based on Wikipedia's representation of Pew Research's statistics, Christianity still dominates as the world's largest religion. 32% of the world population consider themselves Christians. The second largest is Islam with only 23%.
Dear Father, Thank You for reconciling us to Yourself through the loving sacrifice of Your Son. I pray You would make known the redemptive power of Christ's sacrifice to Muslims around us. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Recently, a small neighborhood church in my area became an Islamic Center. Much to my dismay, one of the first changes I noticed was the cross removal. On the one hand, the cross triggers my own sorrow as I consider Christ's pain, agony, and humiliation. Yet on the other hand, it fills my heart with gratitude as I remember He suffered for our reconciliation with God.
Based on Wikipedia's representation of Pew Research's statistics, Christianity still dominates as the world's largest religion. 32% of the world population consider themselves Christians. The second largest is Islam with only 23%.
Dear Father, Thank You for reconciling us to Yourself through the loving sacrifice of Your Son. I pray You would make known the redemptive power of Christ's sacrifice to Muslims around us. In Christ's Name, Amen.