Christians Join Forces With Muslim Group Hezbollah to Fight ISIS in Lebanon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. There will be some strange bed fellows in dealing with the Islamic State.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Another factor is that Islamic Sate are Sunni, so we are going to see these fronts develop into a more hardend Shia v sunni war, Hezbollah are Shia.

P

prodigal

there are different types of sunni, isis have killed hundreds of sunni, isis are the same type as saudi arabia, [h=3]Wahhabism[/h]who also love chopping heads off.

Nov 30, 2012
there are different types of sunni, isis have killed hundreds of sunni, isis are the same type as saudi arabia, Wahhabism

who also love chopping heads off.
ISIS really isn't Wahabism...the Wahabi deny the position of Caliph and await the Last Imam. Honestly, ISIS is a reawakening of the Sunnis of the 1000-1200 AD.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Being born in the United States and being elect really is like winning the lottery.

Dec 18, 2013
I know this will seem rather random, but this reminds me of a dream I had not long ago.

In the dream I saw what I perceived to be an angel sitting on what I perceived to be a man laying down flat. The angel had teeth like icicles. With his teeth the angel was raking the face of the man. The angel kept saying "Nasrallah Hezbollah" over and over. The angel said some other things against the man, but I cannot remember what was said. The dream did not seem to last very long and I woke up immediately after it ended.

R

RachelBibleStudent

for some time now i have held to the opinion that many or even most 'christians' in that part of the world are apostate...with 'christianity' being more of sociocultural identity for them than an actual saving faith... entire middle eastern 'christian' sects are known for cynically allying with any evildoer so long as they promise earthly safety to their community...

similarly i have argued here that the current sufferings of the christian communities in that part of the world are a judgment from God that he has permitted for their chastizement...they are finally facing a great evil that they cannot simply satisfy by offering worldly allegiance... although my view has been controversial i have not seen any convincing arguments against it...

this story just seems to confirm my view...and sadly it makes me less hopeful for their eventual repentance...the middle eastern christian community may end up totally decimated by the time they learn to stop wagering their lives on every nasrallah and assad and saddam hussein and arafat that comes along...instead of entrusting themselves to God and committing to his ways...

the story today of a syrian 'christian' militant beheading an islamic state member is another example...
Christian Syrian fighter BEHEADS ISIS prisoner in revenge attack | Daily Mail Online

R

RachelBibleStudent

i should add though that the 'christian' group allying with hezbollah does not represent the entire christian community in lebanon...lebanon's christians are a very divided group...

the biggest division is between those affiliated with the christian militias of the lebanese civil war and their successor organizations...and those affiliated with michel aoun who wants to be president of lebanon and has cynically joined with hezbollah to further his political ambitions...

the first group remembers the help israel gave to the christians during lebanon's civil war...and so they regard hezbollah's armed 'resistance' as unnecessary and a direct threat to lebanese democracy...

aoun has mainly assembled the latter group by taking advantage of people's forgetfulness of history and susceptibility to mass propaganda...it would be this group that is now allying militarily with hezbollah with whom they were already politically allied...

Dec 18, 2013
@rachel I agree, Christians should not be allying with Hezbollah.

I am hoping that many Christians of Lebanon might be able to escape the coming storm though. I admire the Christians of the Middle East, they are the bravest people in the entire world at this time. They do good for everyone, even their persecutors, and endure so much hostility for the sake of Jesus. May they always praise Jesus and be kept safe and comforted.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
for some time now i have held to the opinion that many or even most 'christians' in that part of the world are apostate...with 'christianity' being more of sociocultural identity for them than an actual saving faith... entire middle eastern 'christian' sects are known for cynically allying with any evildoer so long as they promise earthly safety to their community...

similarly i have argued here that the current sufferings of the christian communities in that part of the world are a judgment from God that he has permitted for their chastizement...they are finally facing a great evil that they cannot simply satisfy by offering worldly allegiance... although my view has been controversial i have not seen any convincing arguments against it...

this story just seems to confirm my view...and sadly it makes me less hopeful for their eventual repentance...the middle eastern christian community may end up totally decimated by the time they learn to stop wagering their lives on every nasrallah and assad and saddam hussein and arafat that comes along...instead of entrusting themselves to God and committing to his ways...

the story today of a syrian 'christian' militant beheading an islamic state member is another example...
Christian Syrian fighter BEHEADS ISIS prisoner in revenge attack | Daily Mail Online
I sort of agree with the apostate christian thing but it runs the risk of creating in peoples minds that all martyrs, even faithful ones, would be seen in an apostate light.

R

RachelBibleStudent

I sort of agree with the apostate christian thing but it runs the risk of creating in peoples minds that all martyrs, even faithful ones, would be seen in an apostate light.
well the apostates usually don't become martyrs...they tend to save their earthly lives by becoming some evildoer's lackeys...

P

prodigal

i think we have our own apostasy problem in the west without judging Christians halfway round the world, though maybe that's what we do best......

Jun 11, 2015
Hezbollah is a group that defends Lebanon and all its citizens from outsiders, that includes isis n Israel ...