A
Ariel82
Guest
It reminds me of a conversation I had with my 9 year old daughter last week.
She told me a friend said to her on the playground that Christians never sin or do any thing wrong.
She told them "no, I am a Christian and I sin all the time."
I had ambivant feelings about that..love that she is honest but "sinning all the time"?
Pushing my feelings aside I said " Yes Christains aren't different in that we never sin or do wrong. We are different by how we react when we realize we have sinned. We don't hide it. We have a God who loves us and will forgive us. So instead of hiding and running from God, we run to Him."
She said "sometimes I do lie to a person and tell them I didn't do it when I did so I dont get in trouble, but I don't lie to God. There is no point, He would know anyway."
At that point I gave her a kiss and sent her to school on the bus.
However it still has me thinking: do people really believe Christians never sin or do wrong?