Christians response to gay marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I see your profile says you are Christian>
IN post # 713 Dude653 says this
I joined this group in 2011 when I used to be christian. I'm not anymore
And not one time on this four I'm here by ever tried to talk anyone out of their Christian beliefs because I'm not here for that.
It's just a lot of Christians think that anyone disagreeing with them equates to persecution
And if you're trying to stop a same-sex couple from getting married and yes you are forcing your beliefs on people

Why do you call nonbelievers brother
Pretentious much?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Ummmm
It doesn't require a rocket scientist to know that pedophilia is a reviled practice....of course they are not going to admit to a desire of doing such things. Lying is way down the list of a "nothing" with those who commit moral turpitude.
By that same logic how do I know you're not a pedophile. Since pedophiles don't admit to being pedophiles

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
By that same logic how do I know you're not a pedophile. Since pedophiles don't admit to being pedophiles
I could be.
There exists within all of us the potential for great evil as well as acts of senseless kindness.
Which is why you believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

Unfortunately today we have a society that feels that being offended is a great evil perpetrated upon them...as if it is an offense that should result in incarceration. Moreso than obvious psychosis.
There's nothing more pathetic than a person who has turned themselves into a mushroom...willfully in the dark and fed sterilized manure.

People shout "I'M OFFENDED" as if everyone should do something about it. Ok...well,
Boy bands and rap music are offensive to me. But I don't think anyone is going to do anything about it. And I don't expect them to. (Not into grunge metal either)

In truth I want to help the LGBT community and get them the mental Healthcare they need. They are sick. They need healing. What we have currently been doing has not worked. The "conversion therapy" of old was tantamount to abusive torture...of course that wasn't going to work. Nor has ridicule and scorn worked.

Like I've said all along...homosexuality is not the problem...it is only a symptom of a larger problem. Currently our society has washed its hands and is actively encouraging the psychosis. That's the worst thing of all to do.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Statistically, pedophiles are over-represented by the sodomite community. Because sodomy is an unnatural behaviour. Sodomites need help, not the legitimising of their abominable behaviour. Especially not by Christians.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Or maybe people who scream the loudest about homosexuality are closet gay.
Doest protest too much....
I don't believe I'm going to magically turn gay because I saw two guys holding hands at Walmart

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Statistically, pedophiles are over-represented by the sodomite community. Because sodomy is an unnatural behaviour. Sodomites need help, not the legitimising of their abominable behaviour. Especially not by Christians.
Sinners need Jesus. What ever the sin is .. lying, cheating, murders those who dishonor parents, thief's etc. SOme sins cause more damage then others . When one steals a 100 dollars that can be repaid so the victim is made whole. Having been the victim of bad guys kicking in the door , with no real harm done , that takes a while to get over. Makes me imagen the hurts if harm had been done. What we call a little white lie can be easily forgiven. Lying to cause another harm, like falsely accusing some one of crime not so easy to get over for both parties, .
Sex sins most often have far reaching and long lasting damage . The young girl who is raped often turns promiscuous. An abused boy may believe he is a homosexual . Young couples having children or abortions. Sex sins can trap us . Many cult leaders will use sex for control . Sex sins are sins they are forgiven at the foot of the Cross as are all the other sins.
IF one does not believe in God or the Scriptures that does not keep them from eternal damnation.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Scripture has no meaning to those who do not believe they rant about something to them is not real , which is really dumb.

Gal 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Sinners need Jesus. What ever the sin is .. lying, cheating, murders those who dishonor parents, thief's etc. SOme sins cause more damage then others . When one steals a 100 dollars that can be repaid so the victim is made whole. Having been the victim of bad guys kicking in the door , with no real harm done , that takes a while to get over. Makes me imagen the hurts if harm had been done. What we call a little white lie can be easily forgiven. Lying to cause another harm, like falsely accusing some one of crime not so easy to get over for both parties, .
Sex sins most often have far reaching and long lasting damage . The young girl who is raped often turns promiscuous. An abused boy may believe he is a homosexual . Young couples having children or abortions. Sex sins can trap us . Many cult leaders will use sex for control . Sex sins are sins they are forgiven at the foot of the Cross as are all the other sins.
IF one does not believe in God or the Scriptures that does not keep them from eternal damnation.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Scripture has no meaning to those who do not believe they rant about something to them is not real , which is really dumb.

Gal 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
Jesus himself said if someone isn't interested in the gospel, you walk away and wipe the dust from your feet.
I just think a lot of Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality. The Bible also says gluttony is a sin but I don't see anyone going to a buffet and slapping a donut out of someone's hand

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Jesus himself said if someone isn't interested in the gospel, you walk away and wipe the dust from your feet.
I just think a lot of Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality. The Bible also says gluttony is a sin but I don't see anyone going to a buffet and slapping a donut out of someone's hand
Obviously you don't understand what gluttony is.

People have issues with endocrine systems...on a genetic level. Not everyone is going to have genetics that make them trim and athletic. Your claiming that being overweight is a sin does not make it so.

Many righteous people in the Bible were what you would refer to as overweight. God apparently thought that they were the right size...but arguing with God seems to be something that you specialize in.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

Just have to state the obvious here

1) eating a donut is not a sin

2) the sin of gluttony is more tolerated than it should be, while it does impact society negatively, so far they have not made themselves a group identified by their gluttony, demanding to be identified by their behaviour, redefining historical institutions and words...... but give it time it may happen and it will still be a sin

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
So ridiculous.

It is your issue far more than it is ours.

We desire/pray all people to made whole by the Grace of God.
Yes we can shake the dust off our feet, and we do.

But we are the ones living in reality, you are in a world of make believe, why..... because you fail to understand human nature.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
https://www.vox.com/2014/5/8/5691650/lgbt-people-are-more-likely-than-straight-people-to-go-to-jail
Here's an article I found on crime in the LGBT community.
Some of it is likely due to a high rate of homeless LGBT teens because their parents kicked them out for being gay
Some of it could be due to being bullied in school so they retaliate
So it's a more complicated problem then they're committing crimes just because they're gay
LGBT people are also four times more likely to be the victims of violent crime

Mar 25, 2020

The meme asks a qestion; here are some responses:

"If you don’t attend, you should question calling yourself “Christian” - it seems pretty hypocritical. If we wish to be loved unconditionally - we must also love unconditionally. I cannot imagine abandoning my daughter on her wedding day."

"I’m being IN the wedding "

"We are called to “love” as Christians, we’re not called reject others. "

"I’ll be walking her down the aisle!!!!"

"I wish this wasn’t even a debate. Not only would I attend I would help her plan and support them both!"

"Yes, I will. Just because we don't Sin the same, it makes neither of us better or worse than the next person. "

Many of these comments are said by those who profess to be Christians. Is it true, and is it biblical? Are these responses in line with what God said?

I would like to know what would be your biblical response to this meme. Please support your answer with scripture. Not opinions.

Thank you
If you read the story of Lot, you would know how God feels about Gay marriage.

Do you know what happened to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah? Please refer the book of Genesis.

God created Adam and Eve. And God said, "Be fruitful and multiply." Not even animals do what we do as human beings sexually. Marriage is for procreation.

But God has given us free will to choose. His way leads to salvation. The other way does not.

We're speaking against God and against Christ when we support our own children who take that step. It's alright not to be a part of that. Because you didn't raise your child for that. However, that doesn't mean that you stop loving your child.

However those words are not the words of someone who knows Christ.