Christians that 'Stereotypes'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Phebe

Jun 26, 2013
Hi Everyone!

I'd like to know, how do you feel about Christians that judges other people or races based on what they believed is/are true? Are we suppose to correct such character or not?

jangel

May 12, 2010
There will always be people like that anywhere and everywhere. We can "try" correcting such character by telling them with their actions or let them understand what they're doing, but we have to be very careful with our words especially if that person is older than us.

I think one thing that we can do as Christians is simply don't believe easily if we heard something negative just because these certain people say so. If these people would say bad things to others and nobody would believe it, then no harm will be done.

The problem only starts when people started to judge others and the people around them agreed with them easily or supports them.

I hope I made sense. :D

W

Will85

Luke 6:42 - "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye."

There is nothing wrong with rebuke/corrections as long you are not a hypocrite and also there is wisdom in it.

Proverbs 17:10 - "A rebuke goes deeper into a man of understanding than a hundred blows into a fool."

Proverbs 27:5 - "Better is open rebuke than hidden love."

When you rebuke, you do it out of love. That is the best way for corrections.

V

vansfordave

Stereotyping is a normal function of the brain, but it should be limited to non-human things. Stereotyping people is simple minded and there are plenty of simple minded Christians. It's definitely something that you should point out in people to make them aware that they are doing it.

U

Ugly

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to know, how do you feel about Christians that judges other people or races based on what they believed is/are true? Are we suppose to correct such character or not?
Some stereotypes exist because people accept what they hear others say. Some exist do to personal experience. The best way to overcome a persons wrong stereotypes is to prove them wrong. Until they have proof, just stating an argument isn't likely to make a difference.

May 3, 2013
I wish I could have read your opinion first, Phebe!