Christmas at my house...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sislt777

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope you had a nice Christmas! Mine was ok. You will be amazed at what happened tuesday night! My son Nathan who is living in sin and calling himself a Christian, well he came home tuesday night and brought his friend he is living with. I ended up having to tell my daughter in law, that I could not eat with Nathan as she was cooking a big dinner for everyone. So she got upset and I just ended up leaving the house so they could enjoy their dinner in peace. Well I know that does not sound very good and it was not pleasant to go through, as you might know. My daughter in law is very emotional and vocal and I knew it would be better if I left. Well I went to Walmart and sat at a table at McDonalds next to these two black guys who were witnessing to this lady. After the lady left they turned to me and asked me how I was doing and I told them that I was blessed. So we started talking about the Lord. Then I told them I get oil when I pray and I could show them. They said ok so I went an got my notebook out of the car and prayed in front of them and the oil drops came. Not very many, but enough. Then there were two other black older men who came and started listening to our conversation. Then this really young black kid came up and I showed him the oil and he, was in the middle of the table saying (no way), and I said yes and started witnessing to him, then some of the guys there also started witnessing to him. The kid then said you got sparkles on your eyelids. I told him it was a sign to him that Jesus was real and that He loved him. One of the other guys asked him if he wanted to be saved and he said yes. So after they kept hesitating I said, well if your not going to lead him in the prayer then I will so I got up walked around the table took his hand and the other guys all joined hands with us and right there in Walmart we all prayed the sinners prayer out loud together and this young man got saved!!!!
Then he started telling us about his family and how hard it has been for him because they had just gotten out of a shelter a month ago and he was working at walmart and he always had to give his mom all of the money. He was telling how he wanted to get something for Christmas for his brother and sister who were teenagers. Then the guys around him started giving him money and some total strangers overhearing us reached over and handed him a $20! I think he ended up with at least $45, if not more! It was a really awesome experience. I promised him that when I get a job that I will get him an ipod nano. He was really a sweet kid! Here is his name so you can pray for him. Kylen.
Anyway I came back home and my daughter in law an I talked an everything is ok. I told her Nathan and I have already been through this before. So it is ok. I will see Nathan thrusday when we open presents at my other son's house. Well it turned out that we had a snow storm and I could not go see my son at all. Here are the verses that God put oil on the next morning!

First an oil drop appeared on Psalms 26: 6 I will wash my hands in innocency: so will I compass thine alter.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remember this is referring to what happened with my son Nathan yesterday.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then I got an oil drop on Psalms 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers: and will not sit with the wicked.

The oil was on hated...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then I saw an oil drop on Psalms 25:22 [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My son is living as a homosexual and calling himself a Christian.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are not to even eat with other Christians who are living in this kind of blatant sin.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because I am obeying the Lord in this crucial matter, my son may be given the opportunity to repent before he faces Almighty God.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That is my joy and my hope in all of my sorrow!
[/FONT]

F

FixYourWeave

If your not careful your son will probably end up hating you. You wont even eat with him. How can you show him gods love if you wont even sit at the same table with him. My parents did the same thing with one of my brothers and they have not seen nor heard from him in years and years.

S

sislt777

If your not careful your son will probably end up hating you. You wont even eat with him. How can you show him gods love if you wont even sit at the same table with him. My parents did the same thing with one of my brothers and they have not seen nor heard from him in years and years.

I believe that the only way to reach my son is to do it God's way not mine. If I toss God's words behind my back and disregard this scripture:
1 Cor. 5:11

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Then I would have no hope that God will bring him to his senses! I believe by obeying the word of God that my son will not be allowed to be comfortable in his chosen sin. He has already told me that he knew I was doing this because I love him. Yes it might turn to hate. But I would rather chose to obey God and keep the sweet fellowship that I have with Jesus, than to trade it for a few moments of fellowship with my son who also wants to be a homosexual Christian preacher. He knows the bible better than most Christians because I taught it to him growing up and he was raised in church. We can not love ANYONE more than Jesus. God has greatly honored me for my willingness to obey Him in this matter. It is surly my cross to bear because I greatly love my son. Obedience is better than sacrifice. When I told the Lord, that I gave Him everything, I meant it.