Christmas gives antichrist a black eye

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
I love the story that says Christmas "used to be" a pagan holiday because it means that Jesus won out. If only we could do that once again and get rid of santa clause. I believe Christmas is a great proof of Christian heretiage. It is proof that Jesus can transform the pagan into something holy. Christmas is a wonderful time for evangelism. It's time to promote Jesus. It's not only a holiday it's almost like a vote for Jesus as though Jesus was running for election against superstitions and fables. Help promote Jesus this Christmas. Every manger scene is someone confessing that Jesus came in the flesh and gives the spirit of antiChrist a black eye.

S

SantoSubito

I love the story that says Christmas "used to be" a pagan holiday because it means that Jesus won out. If only we could do that once again and get rid of santa clause. I believe Christmas is a great proof of Christian heretiage. It is proof that Jesus can transform the pagan into something holy. Christmas is a wonderful time for evangelism. It's time to promote Jesus. It's not only a holiday it's almost like a vote for Jesus as though Jesus was running for election against superstitions and fables. Help promote Jesus this Christmas. Every manger scene is someone confessing that Jesus came in the flesh and gives the spirit of antiChrist a black eye.
Don't be hatin on Santa Clause, he's based on Saint Nicolas after all. You can see this still in traditional Catholic portrayals of Santa as a bishop (which Saint Nicolas was). If you look around my house all the santas have mitres and croizers.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
"Christmas" origins are pagan and does not become less pagan just because someone decides to "christianize" it.

1Cor.10

[20] But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
[21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
[22] Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
Christmas <-link

S

SantoSubito

"Christmas" origins are pagan and does not become less pagan just because someone decides to "christianize" it.

Christmas <-link
Well it kind of does when we take it and make the symbols that were once pagan have Christian symbolism. For example in the medieval period the pentagram (not the inverted one) was taken to symbolize the the wounds of Christ.

Last edited:
P

prophecyman

Mr. Santo... less tradition... more Jesus!

Feb 16, 2011
Don't be hatin on Santa Clause, he's based on Saint Nicolas after all. You can see this still in traditional Catholic portrayals of Santa as a bishop (which Saint Nicolas was). If you look around my house all the santas have mitres and croizers.
Wow, another reason to not like santa clause; he is catholic.

Feb 16, 2011

Christmas <-link
No one even remembers that pagan crap. That means that Jesus won! I believe it is very foolish to dig up the past pagan holiday and say that Christmas is wrong. No one even practices the crap they dig up to say Christmas is wrong.

May 18, 2011
Well it kind of does when we take it and make the symbols that were once pagan have Christian symbolism. For example in the medieval period the pentagram (not the inverted one) was taken to symbolize the the wounds of Christ.

Job 14:4 Who can produce a clean thing out of an unclean one? No one!

S

SantoSubito

I'm sorry my friend, but the Bible says different,

Job 14:4 Who can produce a clean thing out of an unclean one? No one!
So would that mean Christ could not make pork and all unclean meat clean? Christ made all things new, and that includes symbols.

May 18, 2011
So would that mean Christ could not make pork and all unclean meat clean? Christ made all things new, and that includes symbols.
Yes Santo, that is correct, Yeshua cannot declare clean what YHVH has declared unclean, then He would be going against YHVH's word, which Yeshua is. "I make all things new" is in Rev. 21:5, talking about the New Jerusalem after everything is done.
Once YHVH has declared something and put it into writing it does not get changed, Malachi 3:6 "I am YHVH your Elohim, I DO NOT CHANGE." And no this does not include symbols, especially since that would go against second commandment. Shalom

P

prophecyman

No one even remembers that pagan crap. That means that Jesus won! I believe it is very foolish to dig up the past pagan holiday and say that Christmas is wrong. No one even practices the crap they dig up to say Christmas is wrong.
Now you being a prophet so to speak, ought to know better than that. Stop and think about it, what does the Christmas tree have to do with Jesus Christ? What does the laurel wreaths have to do with Jesus Christ? or the Christmas ham, etc.

Come to think of it, the Jews had the same point of veiw as you did, surely God wouldn't mind if we sacrifice to Baal, while they went to worship YHVH in the sight of his temple, eventually Baal was in the Temple. Yes the Jews made cakes to the queen of heaven, they worshiped the star gods and mixed pagan tradition with the pure worship of YHVH.

God hated it then, and he hates it now. After all Johnathan he is a God that changes not... He never changed his feelings about any pagan tradition, whether men remember or not, it makes no difference to him.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the ways thereof is death, there was a time johnathan that every man did what was right in his own eyes, but that still will not prevent the Lord from bringing judgment against those who love not the truth.

Just food for thought! BTW, I already know that you will refute these sayings just so that you can stand by your tradition and be justified in your own eyes. By your traditions you make void the law of God. Beware of taking on the pharisaic mindset.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
I believe being ignorant about facts (and yet speaking on the matter) is very foolish. Certainly people are still in some way practising the crap you claim is forgotten. Look at the tradition of the so called christmas tree for one. And compare that with biblical texts like Jer. 10.

Are you seriously saying that Jesus "won" the "christmas tree" or stuff like the eating of "christmas ham"? Gimme a break! You may want to read up on this one. In my first post in this thread I posted a link about it, I'll repost it below.

I don't believe christians who celebrate christmas are wilfully doing it for the sake of reviving paganism. I just see no reason to claim that Christ was born on Dec.25 or to keep a tradition alive that has no biblical foundation.

Christmas Tree History - From Pagan Roots to the Present <-link

Christmas
<-link / 120 reasons against christmas [re-post]