Christmas Meat Choice or Choices

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What will be your choice of meat for Christmas dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notmyown

May 26, 2016
just decided yesterday to buy a spiral sliced ham, since all the grands love it.

i'll make scalloped potatoes, yeast rolls, glazed carrots, and broccoli, since all the grands love those, too. :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Both ham and turkey....

Large family and lots of food required.
Of course I make lots of cookies and chocolate truffles. This year I get to do the turkey (after doing 2 turkeys and a ham for Thanksgiving)

Lots of food is necessary for this bunch.

It's good to be surrounded with the chaos and business that comes with huge families.

I am just barely over being worn out with turkey from Thanksgiving....
BUT
Turkeys have gotten EXPENSIVE!
Almost $1.80/lb and for a 20lb bird (8kg) it's too much.

The other day I was driving down the road and a huge wild turkey ran out on the road....i almost hit him if i hadn't slammed on the brakes....this one looked at me over the hood of my Chevy Silverado as he ran across the street...my bumper had to have just barely stopped within a foot (30 CM)

When we got to the store my wife said I should hit him and saved us $40.

And yes, MIL has requested that I make gratin potatoes for the meal as well....