Christmas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi all. I'm fairly new to the idea of being Christian, and am picking up the Bible again for the first time in years. I am excited to celebrate Christmas this year, because I feel so much different about it now that I am being drawn to Jesus.

With that being said, I have a few questions that some kind people here may be able to answer.

1. Some scholars say Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25th. What do you think about that?
From everything i have read Jesus was definitly not born on the 25th of december.. So i do not believe any of the "scholars" who make that claim.. The 25th of december was a pagan celebration that the catholic church chose to take over by changing it into a celebration of the Birth of Jesus.. They made it up.. I have read good well written documents that place the Birth of Jesus in the 7th month of the year..

2. Some people say the practice of putting up a tree and decorating it is pagan in origin. Thoughts?
I believe it does have pagan origins.. But again it was incorperated into the newly imposed celebration of the birth of Jesus..

Jeremiah 10: KJV
2 "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. {3} For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. {4} They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

3. My children believe in Santa...and that's all they know about Christmas right now. How can I go about introducing them to the story of baby Jesus in a way they can grasp at 7 and 12 yrs old?
Santa is an anogram of satan..
I would just tell them to story of the account of His birth and why He came to earth..

Thanks so much in advance.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Pagan Christmas zombie thread, back from the graaaaaaaaave!

zombiesanta.jpg

We haven't had many "Christmas is pagan!" threads this year. In fact we haven't had ANY in some forums. So we must resort to the Halloween tradition of digging up zombie threads to fill the gap.