Chromium for depression, bypolar????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hopefully I spelled chromium correctly. :)
My daughter saw her dr the other day about her medications and possible changes.
She mentioned that since she started chromium, the healthy one, that her depression has improved dramatically.
Her dr informed us that there have been several studies done recently that have found the same results, and more is being done on this.
Her dr told her to increase her intake of chromium, and we will see . :)
Im all for a more natural treatment, and with minimal side effects, this has been the best news we have had lately. :)

I just wanted to share this tidbit, and of course, any who are considering taking chromium for depression or bypolar disorder, please always discuss it with your dr first.
But it is kinda exciting to find that this is so effective and helpful. :)

God bless:)
pickles

B

Bluecomet

Your not going to understand this but here it goes. Bypolar is a word that was created by humans to describe your personality. The way you act. When the woman came to Jesus and said come help my daughter for she has an unclean spirit. The woman knew it was an unclean spirit by the way she was acting. An unclean spirit will manifest itself in a person.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Bluecomet, although I agree that some cases of bypolar are and can be about an unclean spirit.
Bypolar is simply the way a dr refrances a disorder.
My daughters health problems are complex and due to a delition of a very important chromozone that manages entire body function and health.
She is baptised and saved in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh. :)
Her health is a matter of multiple health challenges that she lives every day with courage and faith in Jesus.
No unclean spirit can enter any who is saved in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
But thankyou for sharing the info, as what you have shared is the basis for the refrance and can occer in the unsaved. :)

God bless
pickles

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
Bluecomet, although I agree that some cases of bypolar are and can be about an unclean spirit.
Bypolar is simply the way a dr refrances a disorder.
My daughters health problems are complex and due to a delition of a very important chromozone that manages entire body function and health.
She is baptised and saved in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh. :)
Her health is a matter of multiple health challenges that she lives every day with courage and faith in Jesus.
No unclean spirit can enter any who is saved in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
But thankyou for sharing the info, as what you have shared is the basis for the refrance and can occer in the unsaved. :)

God bless
pickles
Yes but she still could be under oppression by an unclean spirit.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Any person can be, but her health is biological in base, I could get into details, but I want to respect her privacy.
She has a very spacific health issue which has been under drs care and is caused by a defect from before birth.
I have seen and in Jesus, confronted both the opressed and posessed in my life in others.
One needs to be carefull in speaking to these situations, as illness and posession can be misdiagnosed.
For depression and bypolar also can be a simple imbalance of needed hormones, thyroid, vitamins, ect...
I thankyou for your concern though, for it is important as well to know what can be possible.

I praise God in Jesus, for His protection and glory over every enemy!
For His healing rpovided over every ilness!

God bless
pickles

Mar 21, 2011
Pickles you may want to look into magnesium supliments too. Magnesium is a delivery vehicle for vitamin D absorbtion. It's helped out family out heaps. Magnesium is our number 1 suppliment at the moment.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles you may want to look into magnesium supliments too. Magnesium is a delivery vehicle for vitamin D absorbtion. It's helped out family out heaps. Magnesium is our number 1 suppliment at the moment.
What a coinsidence, :) we just receved her lab tasts today, and learned her vita d levals were dangerously low.
She is now on a perscribed suppliment, as she has difficulty eating a normal diet due to multiple health problems.
Ill look into the magnesium supliments, we have to be careful though as she is allergic to many of the base ingreadients and binding agents used in most suppliments.
Right now we are having to battle ins to cover because of her allergies, so all vita have to be speacially ordered and made, thus perscribed.
Some can be ridiculessly $$$, but somehow all always works out. :)
God is good!!!

God bless
pickles

Mar 21, 2011
What a coinsidence, :) we just receved her lab tasts today, and learned her vita d levals were dangerously low.
She is now on a perscribed suppliment, as she has difficulty eating a normal diet due to multiple health problems.
Ill look into the magnesium supliments, we have to be careful though as she is allergic to many of the base ingreadients and binding agents used in most suppliments.
Right now we are having to battle ins to cover because of her allergies, so all vita have to be speacially ordered and made, thus perscribed.
Some can be ridiculessly $$$, but somehow all always works out. :)
God is good!!!

God bless
pickles
Be careful not to suppliment vitamin d without Magnesium, because if your bodies magnesium levels are already low, supplimenting vitamin D, may actually have a worsening effect on vitamin D levels.

Good Luck! I hope she improves!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Be careful not to suppliment vitamin d without Magnesium, because if your bodies magnesium levels are already low, supplimenting vitamin D, may actually have a worsening effect on vitamin D levels.

Good Luck! I hope she improves!
Thankyou, she does take magnesium daily, drs are just trying to make sure she is strong enough for her surgurly next week.
The surgury has been a long awaited diagnosis and aproval, and believed to be a way to healing many of her health issues.
thankyou again,I had not known about the magnesium connection.
the same is like one must have vita c when taking iron, or it is not asorbed.

Thankyou
God bless
pickles

Oct 31, 2011
I have been sending you love and prayers as you and your daughter work for health.

Here is something that has helped my neighbor with bipolar. I put what I have learned about how the body produces hormones etc. for healing and my belief in prayer together. I found that the body responses to thought in how it operates, although that is just part of this.

When my neighbor doesn't take her bipolar medicine correctly (and she doesn't at times) she becomes miserable and agitated. I sit her down, and put my prayer shawl over her head. I tell her it is to close her off from the outside world so there is just her and God. She has agreed to respect it as a symbol of the Lord, so she can better visualize God surrounding her. I have her sit attentively listening to all God is and letting that fill her.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I thought Id update on how the chromium has been working for my daughter.
The improvment is trully amazing, she has more energy, is awake more and is more active.
She also just had a huge dissapointment that ussually would have been a hard hit to her, and even though difficult, she made it through. :)
Her faith has increased, and she shows little depression.
I dont know if this is the answer for everyone who battles depression, but since her's was based in her body's inabuility to carry energy, ( weak mitochondrial) this has been effective for her.
This does support what I have always believed when it comes to depression or other mental diseases.
That is is often a simple issue of finding what is causing the affliction, rather than seeing only the affliction.
Wether physical or spiritual, God provides what is needed! :)

God bless
pickles

A

AgeofKnowledge

Also stay off the aspartame. It reduces serotonin in the brain. Zevia and other natural flavored sodas are recommended instead. Peace and glad to hear chromium is helping :).

J

JJAC

Thanks for the advice :)

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Bipolar is a very real mental illness. It does NOT mean she's demon possessed or oppressed. I would think that this type of thinking would have gone by the waste side now that we can run blood samples, do MRIs, and split atoms.

I'm glad the supplements are working for her! I hope everything continues to go swimmingly. :)

Oct 31, 2011
Bipolar is a very real mental illness. It does NOT mean she's demon possessed or oppressed. I would think that this type of thinking would have gone by the waste side now that we can run blood samples, do MRIs, and split atoms.

I'm glad the supplements are working for her! I hope everything continues to go swimmingly. :)
I am SO glad you posted this. I can't imagine having this disorder and then on top of it someone piling guilt on you for having it. It is like telling someone the devil is in them to make them be diabetic. But there is a mind/body connection. I feel as if I am taking out an old drum of mine! to repeat it so.

Here is what I know (not much) of my experience. I was depressed. This was in the early 70's. In our paper I read that a doctor said his clinic was open to depressed people to test an experimental drug. I went. I had to sign that I accepted any bad effects, but I was desperate. I asked questions and was told I would be told nothing. Also that half the pills given were sugar pills, half his drug.

When I took the pills my thinking changed. I saw things I could do about situations in my life that had seemed hopeless, possible opportunities opened up to me, ones that my depressed mind wouldn't have seen. After I stopped the pills I retained the attitude toward life I could see through taking the pills.

I begged for more information, more about the drug and was only told this. When our mind has thoughts the hormones in our body responds, so how our body operates enforces the feelings these thoughts bring. Doctors have found the chemicals produced by the body in response to good feelings, they were able to give my body that chemical. This was in the 70's. And that is the entire story as I know it, other than that it is still a mystery to me. I have wondered what the drug was, and if it was simply serotonin.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I am SO glad you posted this. I can't imagine having this disorder and then on top of it someone piling guilt on you for having it. It is like telling someone the devil is in them to make them be diabetic. But there is a mind/body connection. I feel as if I am taking out an old drum of mine! to repeat it so.

Here is what I know (not much) of my experience. I was depressed. This was in the early 70's. In our paper I read that a doctor said his clinic was open to depressed people to test an experimental drug. I went. I had to sign that I accepted any bad effects, but I was desperate. I asked questions and was told I would be told nothing. Also that half the pills given were sugar pills, half his drug.

When I took the pills my thinking changed. I saw things I could do about situations in my life that had seemed hopeless, possible opportunities opened up to me, ones that my depressed mind wouldn't have seen. After I stopped the pills I retained the attitude toward life I could see through taking the pills.

I begged for more information, more about the drug and was only told this. When our mind has thoughts the hormones in our body responds, so how our body operates enforces the feelings these thoughts bring. Doctors have found the chemicals produced by the body in response to good feelings, they were able to give my body that chemical. This was in the 70's. And that is the entire story as I know it, other than that it is still a mystery to me. I have wondered what the drug was, and if it was simply serotonin.
Too bad you were never able to find out.
The amazing thing about chromium is that its effects were discovered by accident, patients them selves commented on its effects when they had begun taking it for other health reasons, my daughter was one of them.
It does show that a suppliment aid to the body's function, may be the key one day to better understanding and healing.
The mitochondria trully do have an important role in our bodies total health.

God bless :)
pickles

U

Ugly

I may have to look into Chromium. I have suffered low self esteem all my life (literally) and depression since i was 14. No one quite knows what causes it. I attribute it to personality type. But since i would rather not take meds for it, perhaps something natural will help.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Please let me know how it works out for you, as there are studies being done and Im curious myself about the results.:)

God bless
pickles

I may have to look into Chromium. I have suffered low self esteem all my life (literally) and depression since i was 14. No one quite knows what causes it. I attribute it to personality type. But since i would rather not take meds for it, perhaps something natural will help.

May 15, 2013
I don't believe in conspiracies, but I do believe that people are just out there to make a fast buck by capitalizing off of everything. But there is a major problem that these Bio-tech corporations are doing is causing a lot of our health and mental issues. But I do believe that the devil is behind it all by deceiving these corporations into serving money which causing them to neglect life. Here's a video of one of millions problems that these corporations are creating. We can't fight them, but we can figure out ways to keep these creations from harming us by using science to fight against science.

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 10:16
“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

<strong>[video=youtube_share;iSOBYVvAY9Q]http://youtu.be/iSOBYVvAY9Q[/video]